Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286212 times)

Done this countless times, no luck

Double check you don't have your positive and negatives backwards

I don't.
I seriously have the worst luck with computer hardware.

YES!!!
handicapped me put the processor in the wrong way, I adjusted it, and got it working!
Downside, I have Linux. I'm not really used to it so if I could get some nice tips, it would be appreciated.

As a linux user, you are meant to ask thousands of help qurstions all over the net. In every aspect of the os use
 Because nothing loving works and the entire purpose is to find workarounds to stuff that just happens to work fine on Windows or macos.

Workarounds, emulators for basic stuff. 3rd party "pray it kinda works" drivers.

But hey. Its linux. Tip the fedora to another linux user.

it's not hard to piece a computer together. the processor and the cpu socket share a indicator on which way it goes. come on.

im honestly disappointed in them for not designing a little notch on it to prevent it from fitting in the wrong way

at least it didn't forget the cpu tho

YES!!!
handicapped me put the processor in the wrong way, I adjusted it, and got it working!
Downside, I have Linux. I'm not really used to it so if I could get some nice tips, it would be appreciated.
I'm not really fond of using Linux in a desktop environment either, but I get that you couldn't afford a new Windows license. Which distro are you using? Because if you want the absolute least amount of hassle out of a Linux system, then use Ubuntu. Ubuntu definitely has the most refined desktop experience, and finding help for it is the easiest since it's been the most popular Linux distro for many years now.

I'm using Unbuntu with Linux Mint.
So far it is literally terrible, the fact that you can't properly run .exe files automatically makes me want to pawn my stuff for a Windows install disk

I'm using Unbuntu with Linux Mint.
So far it is literally terrible, the fact that you can't properly run .exe files automatically makes me want to pawn my stuff for a Windows install disk
one word: wine
https://www.winehq.org/
i can run all .exe files and all the windows software i need has installed properly

As a linux user, you are meant to ask thousands of help qurstions all over the net. In every aspect of the os use
 Because nothing loving works and the entire purpose is to find workarounds to stuff that just happens to work fine on Windows or macos.

Workarounds, emulators for basic stuff. 3rd party "pray it kinda works" drivers.

But hey. Its linux. Tip the fedora to another linux user.
obviously you have some major issue with linux from the tone of your post
if you dont know how to use an operating system as advanced as linux obviously you will have to go around asking questions
the friends that i ask have 5 - 6 years of experience and never go out and ask anyone else, because they know exactly what they're doing and have learned the OS thoroughly
there is ALWAYS a reason why something doesn't work and there is always a way to find out why

obviously you have some major issue with linux from the tone of your post
if you dont know how to use an operating system as advanced as linux obviously you will have to go around asking questions
the friends that i ask have 5 - 6 years of experience and never go out and ask anyone else, because they know exactly what they're doing and have learned the OS thoroughly
there is ALWAYS a reason why something doesn't work and there is always a way to find out why

My experience with it, the reason people have so many problems with Linux:
1. It's not Windows "OMG WHY WON'T MY EXE FILES RUN HOW DO I GET TO MY E TO CHECK THE E-MAIL"
2. Anything that usually breaks badly is the fault of the user not knowing what they're doing and just blindly doing stuff

My experience with it, the reason people have so many problems with Linux:
1. It's not Windows "OMG WHY WON'T MY EXE FILES RUN HOW DO I GET TO MY E TO CHECK THE E-MAIL"
2. Anything that usually breaks badly is the fault of the user not knowing what they're doing and just blindly doing stuff
yeah i break stuff all the time trying to do what i watch my friends do and its usually something stupid and simple
right now i tried to fix the sample rate on the audio drivers after watching TBP do it like 4 times for my server and i tried to re-launch them and it wont launch

yeah i break stuff all the time trying to do what i watch my friends do and its usually something stupid and simple
right now i tried to fix the sample rate on the audio drivers after watching TBP do it like 4 times for my server and i tried to re-launch them and it wont launch

I'd say if you really want to learn the nitty-gritty of Linux, use Arch for a while, take advantage of the ArchWiki in the process. I learned a lot of stuff by doing that even though I use Debian almost entirely now.

I'd say if you really want to learn the nitty-gritty of Linux, use Arch for a while, take advantage of the ArchWiki in the process. I learned a lot of stuff by doing that even though I use Debian almost entirely now.
yeah thats what TBP recommended
i dont really have anything that needs to go outside of just ubuntu or debian and arch is obviously scary to new users from its bare-bones operation

Honestly the only good thing about Linux is performance. It is hard to do so though because barely any I my games are compatible with Linux, unless that Wine thing works with them.