[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1308311 times)

with that processer u have now i would say not very well
the i5 ur going to get will do the job well but get this one if u can spend a little more http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117372

for a ballpark estimate the 750 might be able to get you 30 on medium
i dont really know the requirements of fallout 4 yet and i dont have any midrange cards so dont quote me on it
currently i only have a 970 in my main rig and a 610 in my server so im spread thin

The minimum call for at least a 550ti so you should be good on low with your 750 & i5.

The minimum call for at least a 550ti so you should be good on low with your 750 & i5.
Low? Jesus, what if I upgrade to this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121929

you would be good for sure if i can max out almost every game on my 970 im sure you can run mid-high easily

Low? Jesus, what if I upgrade to this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121929

We don't know for sure because it hasn't came out yet. Most likely good fps on low but you could be running 60fps on medium for all we know. That 960 would likely run it on high but I'd favor the CPU upgrade over the 960 because your current CPU might bottleneck.

what do u guys think of custom watercooling loops

they're p expensive but they get rid of the heat in ur computer parts

sometimes i like to shove my richard in watercooling tubes

i think i have a special interest for tubing

anyone know of a good mini itx mobo that has 4 ram slots
Just browse newegg, but know that with amd there is no such thing (unless it was to be completely monday rigged). You have to go with intel, and typically there is 2 slots not because of a hardware incompatibility or anything but just because of the realestate needed for the socket itself. I cant recommend anything specifically because newegg doesnt have one for lga 1150 or 51.

yea lga1150 is what im on so that sucks
i have like 32gb of DDR3 laying around  and nothing to use it in :/

I seriously loving hate changing fans around, I'll post an update later on once I run to Ace Hardware for some more screws.

is that a loving delta fan

is that a loving delta fan

It's from a Mac Pro, I'm putting my Noctua NF-F12's in from my main rig and put my Fractal silent series fans in to quiet things down a bit.

what do u guys think of custom watercooling loops

they're p expensive but they get rid of the heat in ur computer parts

sometimes i like to shove my richard in watercooling tubes

i think i have a special interest for tubing
Rubber tubing is terrible in my opinion, Hard Piping is the stuff though and hard piping makes any water cooling loop look a billion times better anyways.

Heres a stuff ton of pictures of people who have done custom water cooling in their rigs.

I'm surprised I got all green ones on the top row, anyways here's an orange one:

And if you have a machine for cutting acrylic:

Some people like copper tubing though :

But if you ask me for tubing use PETG instead of Acrylic, since PETG won't shatter like acrylic, also I have had an idea for a new way of tubing, has anybody ever tried making flat piping?

Has customised tubing ever been a thing? Like putting stoppers on the ends of a length of tubing, marking out a pattern with masking tape and then dipping the whole tube into some paint. Matte black rings separated by transparent rings for example

Has customised tubing ever been a thing? Like putting stoppers on the ends of a length of tubing, marking out a pattern with masking tape and then dipping the whole tube into some paint. Matte black rings separated by transparent rings for example
I don't think it has been done.