Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1301300 times)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896010215

best GPU on the market right now, buy it before it goes out of stock

damn. got here too late its out of stock

how often do you guys rebuild/upgrade your rigs?

i upgrade when nothing works anymore because it's not supported or it runs too slowly

hey guys i'm looking for a new processor because mine is on it's last leg. willing to buy a new mobo so don't worry about socket type.

the best budget one a few years ago was the pentium g3258, but since it's been a few years there has to be a better one at about the same price, right?

hey guys i'm looking for a new processor because mine is on it's last leg. willing to buy a new mobo so don't worry about socket type.

the best budget one a few years ago was the pentium g3258, but since it's been a few years there has to be a better one at about the same price, right?

look at the pentium g4560. it's actually cheaper than the g3258 at it's msrp when it came out, and it has 2 cores like the g3258 but they're hyperthreaded.

look at the pentium g4560. it's actually cheaper than the g3258 at it's msrp when it came out, and it has 2 cores like the g3258 but they're hyperthreaded.

how does that compare to the fx-6300?

this stuff is going to quit on me any day. fans are very finicky and am afraid it might overheat and destroy the good parts in it. can anyone give me a cheap cpu and ram upgrade for under $200?

how often do you guys rebuild/upgrade your rigs?

i only "rebuild" when its time for a major chipset upgrade. at no less than 2 generations apart (3 to 4 years). that includes mobo/cpu/faster ram/usually a case to feel clean and new. gpu can likely move over from previous because that is always an easy yearly upgrade and its fine enough for the new comp already.

Here's a bump you ya:

https://streamable.com/wt1yf
Is my graphics card dying or something? After playing some games today one of my DVI ports stopped working and whenever I try using the taskbar preview thingy by hovering over a program in the task bar my screen turns black, aero theme resets to basic/lite, looks like the resolution changes, and then resets back to normal all in a split second. If I try clicking on the Show Hidden Icons button on the far right, it does this constantly for a few seconds then just logs me off my computer as if the whole thing reset. Watch the video to see what I mean. I can't find anything about this online, but I really hope I don't have to buy a new card (hint: I probably will this card is a few years old being a radeon r7 265).

EDIT: My card drivers are up to date according to windows.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:47:20 PM by Legodude77 »

yo could someone whip me up a 800 USD gaming desktop (includes monitor and keyboard/mouse, not just tower).

yo could someone whip me up a 800 USD gaming desktop (includes monitor and keyboard/mouse, not just tower).
several questions:
1080p?
how fancy you want your keyboard/mouse?
do you want it to be very upgradeable?
ssd or hard drive? what's the desired capacity?
focus on cpu or focus on gpu?

several questions:
1080p?
how fancy you want your keyboard/mouse?
do you want it to be very upgradeable?
ssd or hard drive? what's the desired capacity?
focus on cpu or focus on gpu?

This is actually a question for a friend of mine. She mostly plays Minecraft and does digital drawing/rendering so make of that what you will. Don't think monitor has to be anything fancy, nor the keyboard or mouse