[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286462 times)

The only unit that competes in the segment is the EVGA B3, and that came out just a few months ago.

i rock an EVGA 430 and its been an absolute tank

i run a 970, 3 drives, and an i5 6500 off it and its not even breaking a sweat

my top two for psus are antec and evga for sure

1060 arrived today forget yea
hdmi -> vga converter is coming tomorrow (yeah my monitor is that old shut up)
im ready for that performance boost

i rock an EVGA 430 and its been an absolute tank

i run a 970, 3 drives, and an i5 6500 off it and its not even breaking a sweat

my top two for psus are antec and evga for sure
yeah modern EVGA units are great

I'm getting the 2017 model of the CX450 for my i7 2600k and GT 1030 build, it'll be great AF

Yall got any laptop recommendations for ~550 euro (600 usd) I can use for mainly spreadsheet stuff but also play some minecraft or blockland on?

I got this a couple years ago
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834266056
it has served me well. it's not amazing, but it's about $100 under your budget, and it does everything I've asked of it. minecraft and blockland are no problem, but I've never tried using shaders
you might wanna see about getting insurance, too. you don't have to own a house, there's renter's insurance if you rent, and some companies offer less substantial personal belongings insurance if you live with parents or something

you might wanna see about getting insurance, too
Ye I was gonna do that until I saw it's €60 per year for just one single laptop. Thanks for the suggestion tho.
Oh I should also have said it should ship to the Netherlands (pretty much nothing on newegg does).

That PSU is absolute garbage, no clue why you recommended it
I had an EVGA PSU in the list but realized it was a sale price and pushed the budget a bit over once it came out of sale.
I only recommended that because it's the best of the lower price ones, and at least it's 80+ certified and has a decent 12v rail.

Definitely worth stretching the budget a little bit and getting something like this instead though:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2F85UG2124

Oh I should also have said it should ship to the Netherlands (pretty much nothing on newegg does).
well other companies probably sell the same model lol

I just bought a 1060 as well, my 670 is starting to stuff the bed and it will be a nice upgrade.  The only thing that sucks is I plan on building a new PC with my tax return and I'm looking at a 1080 for it.  I don't have the money for a 1080 now but my current card is definitely failing.

tfw everyone is getting 1060s while I'm here and just gonna get a GT 1030 cus it will easily max out the games I play

tfw everyone is getting 1060s while I'm here and just gonna get a GT 1030 cus it will easily max out the games I play
jokes on you i already got my 1060 a month ago

For Christmas I was given a budget of $250. I'm looking to replace my motherboard, cpu, and GPU. My current setup is a Midtower case with a Kam1 motherboard (am1 socket), AMD 5350, and it's integrated gpu. I'm looking to replace all of those + RAM (because the Kam1 uses DDR3 and most of the cpus I looked at use DDR4).
This was recommended by a friend.
I'm not an expert on any of this, so if anybody has recommendations for change here or etc, I'll be really thankful.
I can stretch my budget to $290 max including shipping.

Hey fellas it's been awhile, I wanted to take advantage of the deals going around so I'm trying to decide between adding an SSD to my rig or upgrading my GPU

My GTX 770 is showing its age more and more every day, so I was looking at a 6GB EVGA SSC GTX 1060 to replace it. I'm very poorly-versed in how GPUs are sold though so I'm not sure if EVGA is the best brand/supplier/whatever they are. Is it a good enough upgrade to justify the $260USD pricetag? I know there's some price inflation thanks to cryptocurrency miners too, should I wait for that to blow over and possibly get an even better deal, or could I be waiting forever for that to happen? My budget is around $300USD right now

Otherwise I was considering a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD since I'm still running a HDD

edit: the price went back up and I saw more warnings about buying GPUs right now so I went with the SSD
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 06:03:01 PM by Regulith »