2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808

Author Topic: 2013/02/04 - Blockland r1808  (Read 132795 times)

• Blood and Gore - modified to only apply when you are run over or impact a wall (and renamed Script_VehicleGore)

Why

Blockland players are cute, cartoony, plastic toys.  For them to explode into a shower of blood and leave a bloody, limbless corpse is both disturbing and entirely out of place.

On another note, what's the point of having a racing gamemode in a game where vehicle-to-vehicle collisions are so broken they get stuck in each other or fly off in random directions 100% of the time?  As cool as I find it conceptually, between this and the gore, I find this whole gamemode questionable.

Why

Blockland players are cute, cartoony, plastic toys.  For them to explode into a shower of blood and leave a bloody, limbless corpse is both disturbing and entirely out of place.

On another note, what's the point of having a racing gamemode in a game where vehicle-to-vehicle collisions are so broken they get stuck in each other or fly off in random directions 100% of the time?  As cool as I find it conceptually, between this and the gore, I find this whole gamemode questionable.

this :/

Aren't the speedkart sounds from the older version?

I love these updates so much.

• Output events can now individually be made admin only, so the usage of registerOutputEvent is now: registerInputEvent(%class, %eventName, %targetList, %adminOnly)
Can you rephrase that so it makes sense?
Are you talking about output or input events?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG MY MAP IS A DEFAULT MAP OMGOMGOGM (The Castle map)!!!

*cough* I mean, thanks, badspot. :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:31:45 AM by KickFlow »

Are you talking about output or input events?

• Output events can now individually be made admin only, so the usage of registerOutputEvent is now: registerInputEvent(%class, %eventName, %targetList, %adminOnly)

Probably just a quick typo. Based on the onMiniGameReset description and some common sense, he's talking about input events.

Does this mean when Ghost updates the add on, Blockland updates?
Also AIs?

Anyway nice work again, Badspot!
No. Badspot has to update the terrain bricks himself. I have a feeling we will be stuck with the inverted normals for a while.

Fantastic update, loving it.

It kind of makes sense to make the blood and gore death happen when you get run over or take impact damage, but I'm still not all for it. Still, I like everything else in the update, so nice work, Badspot.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG MY MAP IS A DEFAULT MAP OMGOMGOGM (The Castle map)!!!

*cough* I mean, thanks, badspot. :)

• Self Delete (ctrl+k) while in a vehicle => vehicle burns, explodes after 4 seconds (does not work within 8 seconds of start of race)
  • Self Delete while in a burning vehicle => vehicle explodes immediately (does not work within 8 seconds of start of race)
  • Vehicles left in the spawn point will explode
\
Blockland: Now directed by Michael Bay

Probably just a quick typo. Based on the onMiniGameReset description and some common sense, he's talking about input events.
But input events don't have a classBullstuff they do
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:43:57 AM by Zeblote »

I don't see how B&G fits, but great update nevertheless.

They seemed fine to me, it's just Blockland's overall vehicle physics that are weird sometimes

No no, I'm talking about the thousand mini updates and tweaks that come out.
Speedcarts on ModTer are usually stable.

Baddys gonna have a time trying to keep up with the updates.