Author Topic: JURORS FIND ZIMMERMAN NOT GUILTY  (Read 26274 times)

Brainless media sheep and proud. Step aside free-thinkers, progress is coming.

This has been an extremely tame debate, I think youre letting your expectations fog up reality.
The expectation of a proper debate isn't unrealistic. I realize you can't expect everybody on these forums to be calm and logical 100% of the time, but it should be an unwritten rule that if you wish to participate in a debate, you should have sources for your facts, and a debatable statement based in those facts.

No matter. History will be written by the victor.
You are right there my friend
we shall wait and see

THIS oh my god
It's like they spew garbage and they have nothing to back it up! It's brainless people like them that are going to run this country into the ground

well most of them are under 13 so you know.

but these kids should be taught to argue firmly anyway.

I have edited my post to address more points. I cant quote and retain the quotes that are already there so follow this link:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=237026.msg6752701#msg6752701

Can you guys move this argument somewhere else? I don't think it's really relevant to the Zimmerman verdict.

Explain to me what defines what wrong is? Wrong is only what your peers and family look down upon, or what you yourself feel is morally wrong (Your morals are also molded by your peers and family, as well as figures through literature and the arts and such. Bascially any opinion you are exposed to). So to say that by age 20 everyone knows wrong from right is actually a true statement. I'd say even earlier - Maybe by age 6 you know wrong from right. The area were  having an issue with is what exactly that person feels is wrong. If all of my friends think its cool to be in a gang, and my parents arent around enough to tell me otherwise (Assuming they think otherwise), am I going to think its wrong to join a gang? Why would I?

Now before someone jumps the gun and starts attacking me for saying all poor people are in gangs, that's not what Im saying, it was merely an example.

Although this is true in many ways,  eventually you get to a point to where you see the world outside where ever you live, and notice how other people act.

If any opinion you're exposed molds your morals, doesn't that mean that if you see many people saying that getting a good job, having a family, and living a positive life is the way to do things, your morals would change?

I kept hearing popping gun noises. That or late as forget fireworks.

Although this is true in many ways,  eventually you get to a point to where you see the world outside where ever you live, and notice how other people act.

If any opinion you're exposed molds your morals, doesn't that mean that if you see many people saying that getting a good job, having a family, and living a positive life is the way to do things, your morals would change?
Yes that is true, but at the age that most people would put the position of themselves in the world higher than the position of themselves among their peers, you've likely already dug your hole and developed your opinions. Similar to how its difficult to teach a six year old how to talk - It's just past the point that that area shouldve been developed.

But you're right - You can still motivate people to mold into a more successful mindset/person but they'd have to be willing to accept they're wrong, which to many at age 20+ is like admitting defeat. There's a million stories of people going from "hood to good" or "rags to riches"

I kept hearing popping gun noises. That or late as forget fireworks.
I heard fireworks too, I have no idea what theyre for though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:56:45 PM by Pixel »

I heard fireworks too, I have no idea what theyre for though.
Lets hope they are fireworks.

Brainless media sheep and proud. Step aside free-thinkers, progress is coming.
Dunno if you realized this yet, but when you call someone a 'sheep' you instantly lose all credibility.

Dunno if you realized this yet, but when you call someone a 'sheep' you instantly lose all credibility.
How so? Using a word automatically makes your argument invalid? Stop being such an starfish.

Jesus Christ I'm losing respect for half of the people on this forum.

good lord this thread went off topic quickly

remember when this was the thread on the Men's Wearhouse Spokesman trial? not on racial discrimination?  

good lord this thread went off topic quickly

remember when this was the thread on the Men's Wearhouse Spokesman trial? not on racial discrimination?  
If it wasnt for racial discrimination there would be no thread on the Zimmerman trial.