Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 832138 times)

so i put an aftermarket skidplate on my car yesterday

it does it's job quite well

Welp guess what happened to me?

so i put an aftermarket skidplate on my car yesterday
[im g width=600]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--74vO2n6G--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/tjbovyfk7xsvdps3xhj2.jpg[/img]
it does it's job quite well
Someone robbed my skid plate. I noticed yesterday when doing an oil change.

am I the only one who thinks that steel wheels look cool

Guys two things

I was told that diesel turbos should be cleaned every 40.000km. Never cleaned mine since I got ahold of the truck

My alternator is stabilizing at 14v but it should be at 15v

so i may have just bought an '87 squarebody chevy with a rebuilt 350
which means i may or may not be bumping the jaguar's displacement from 4.2L to 5.7L

am I the only one who thinks that steel wheels look cool
Nah dude they're hella dope and affordable, but it must be fitting with the car.

Brother just wrote off his $60,000+AUD Ford Ranger XLT. Not sure of the year, exact model details or the full list of upgrades he invested in, but it was his one pride and joy after all the hobbies he gave up to focus on installing more and more stuff to it. Bullbars, dashcams, new tires, suspension, safari upgrades, stuff for the rear tray, stereo system etc. He's a stubborn bastard so he's probably physically fine, but I'm sure that car's probably cut him deep right now, since he's going to be driving a crummy little Japanese hatchback my sister owned to his work (dispatcher for a massive trucking company) from now on.

Good news. His car wasn't the one written off. His forget off tank of a ute demolished the thing he hit. NRMA (insurance company) repaired the "relatively light damage". No deaths (Australia doesn't forget about with safety ratings on our cars) but there's blood over the steering wheel so my Mum and Sis have gone to clean and collect the truck.

Here's a similar looking base-model, but his was well done up. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos before the accident.

I'll try squeeze out some more details of the full accident report, but I think he got in a head-on.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:22:26 AM by McJob »

first real snow in the FERD F-teenthousand, she sures loves to drink gas.

wheres my boy elon

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/16/16667366/tesla-semi-truck-announced-price-release-date-electric-self-driving

super excited for this

he said it can do like 65 mph at a 5% grade and 0-60 in 30 or 40 seconds with an 80,000 pound load

https://www.tesla.com/roadster/

fastest production car ever made and the first production electric car to exceed 1000km range

Boooiii get that friend stuff outta my face

Boooiii get that friend stuff outta my face

lets assume you're into these big ass ford and chevy or gmc or whatever trucks

its faster than yours, more efficient than yours, pulls more than yours, lasts longer than yours, and has a net operating cost less than yours

sorry that it doesnt turn the air black and pour oil on the street when you put your foot on the floor

The stupid loving truck is 1/3rd as efficient with range and you can fill a tractor trailer in 15 minutes.
I dont even like trucks.
The roadster is almost guaranteed to be stomped in every area excluding a drag race.
Evs arent fun, and thats why its friend stuff.
Im tired of hearing, "BRO U C TESLA GO FASDT???? BRO IT 2 SECOND BROOOOO!! BRO IT GO FAST BRO. FFAST."
I dont care about an electric commute car but forget off acting like these are god machines or something, because they arent. stufflord musk would be focusing on a sub 40k ev if he actually cared about the enviroment and not wooing handicaps with low numbers to make sales.

Inb4 "lol buthurt ICE cigarette XDDD"