Author Topic: Aoki - Distributing CityRPG with a backdoor, Super admin on all servers using it  (Read 32543 times)

This is the Badspot theory you just posted. I didn't loving make the mod or the loving back door.
but you put your ID in the backdoor and distributed it?

but you put your ID in the backdoor and distributed it?

The ID was in there because of a find/replace accident, I didn't distribute it I gave it to Outpact only, and Pecon after he asked to see the code.

and what exactly were you replacing with your ID

The ID was in there because of a find/replace accident, I didn't distribute it I gave it to Outpact only, and Pecon after he asked to see the code.
Bullstuff.
I changed it to my ID as a joke, this command has been broken since v20 started.

This is the Badspot theory you just posted. I didn't loving make the mod or the loving back door.
You came close enough. You spent the last three hours digging your own grave. Deal with it.

The ID was in there because of a find/replace accident...

That begs the question: why were you replacing Iban's ID with your own?

That begs the question: why were you replacing Iban's ID with your own?

I saw his ID and thought that that meant like the host admin or something, it was a very very long time ago, and I still loving can't believe I didn't remove it.

and what exactly were you replacing with your ID

I replaced Iban's ID with mine.

here is the hole in that statement: iban didn't put anything like that in the original code

i should know i was on the dev team in the first place

he adminned himself automatically because he was the host, there would be no need for a backdoor like that

I saw his ID and thought that that meant like the host admin or something, it was a very very long time ago, and I still loving can't believe I didn't remove it.

...so, believing this number to be for the host of the server, you didn't tell the people who you gave it out to the following?

"Hey, replace all instances of my BL_ID with your own. Apparently that's a thing you have to do to use this mod."

here is the hole in that statement: iban didn't put anything like that in the original code

i should know i was on the dev team in the first place

he adminned himself automatically because he was the host, there would be no need for a backdoor like that

I didn't have the original code, in the code that I had Iban had a trap-door.

...so, believing this number to be for the host of the server, you didn't tell the people who you gave it out to the following?

"Hey, replace all instances of my BL_ID with your own. Apparently that's a thing you have to do to use this mod."

This reasoning was from a while back, I understand what it is now, and It is gone from the code, the only server that ever used it was Outpact's, and that was because he used the wrong mod.

I fully support this. When I saw Outpact using Aoki's City RPG mod, I warned him to dispose it immediately.

I knew this was going to happen.

I fully support this. When I saw Outpact using Aoki's City RPG mod, I warned him to dispose it immediately.

I knew this was going to happen.

Nothing "happened" the server is still up and running, with a perfectly fine mod.

The mod is now properly benign thanks to the key that was hard-coded into it being deactivated.

The mod is now properly benign thanks to the key that was hard-coded into it being deactivated.

Yeah, exept for the copies of the mod with Outpact's ID and the copies with Iban's ID, and the copies with Gadgetthem's ID, and the copies with Bamses ID, and the copies with Cromedome's ID, and the copies with... ext.. ext..