Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 441365 times)

Was messing around with my old visual basic files and found this. I wonder if I could actually make something cool with this other than having it as a really basic line drawing demo.

Any ideas?
laser dodging minigame where the two points for each laser's end is random

does the recoil of it knock you around in the air or is it just you moving around

this gun is just me moving around, but every later gun comes with some interesting mobility option and most of those are just 'if you shoot the recoil carries you the opposite direction'

its a whole sphere of gameplay youll see

So do any of you guys use GODOT? Since I'm not traveling this break I want to try making some vidya for fun, and want to start with using this.
I'm mostly asking to see if you guys know where to find good tutorials for it/game design in general.

Bushido, why does the game feel much slower in this new image and it's so smooth in the other image?

i recorded the first one at a very high frame rate because nothing was going on, and the second at half that

it keeps the file size of the gif down

so my thread died so im just gonna post HALT stuff in here

Also Plastiware is making the soundtrack and u can listen to some of it HERE

i'm sorry but that crouch is just so loving funny

i'm sorry but that crouch is just so loving funny

it's absolutely adorable

click for full res
going in the path of chrisbot, atm thinking of a scripting language, suggestions?
current candidate is lua, was thinking of angelscript because its awesome but the implementation in c++ is very difficult