Poll

Do you like the current map?

Yes.
18 (45%)
No.
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: BlockoBlocko's Super Murder Mystery- Shut down temporarily  (Read 27681 times)

Is it random deathmatch if you kill a mafia knowing that he or she is a mafia without any proof?

I spawned outside of the map twice. ;-;

-snip-
Rip Blocky.

I require my administration return to me.  My brother managed to hijack my account, but after hearing what he did (that being that all he did was distract people by not orbing around - that is if he told me the truth), I feel as though Bim over-judge the situation.

Blocko, do not enlist admins that cannot discern between badministration and joking around.

Blocko, do not enlist admins that cannot discern between badministration and joking around.
So you're taking full responsibility for the tank turret and firing, and as soon as you shot I told you to knock it off, then you responded with "Blocky and I are close you don't even know". Being close to the host does not give you the power to spawn a tank turret, teleport into the map and fire it. I revoked your admin until Blocko passes judgement because I don't feel the server is safe with you running around.

Also, since I am hired and I wasn't given admin because I am a "close friend", I actually do my job and process RDM accusations. I haven't seen you do any admin work except leave the minigame, spawn a tank turret and teleport around. Also, people with accounts that are easily "hijacked" should not have admin.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:48:59 AM by matthewbim11 »

I require my administration return to me.  My brother managed to hijack my account, but after hearing what he did (that being that all he did was distract people by not orbing around - that is if he told me the truth), I feel as though Bim over-judge the situation.

to do this again? Don't think so.

So you're taking full responsibility for the tank turret and firing, and as soon as you shot I told you to knock it off, then you responded with "Blocky and I are close you don't even know". Being close to the host does not give you the power to spawn a tank turret, teleport into the map and fire it. I revoked your admin until Blocko passes judgement because I don't feel the server is safe with you running around.

I first point out two flaws in your statement:
My name is Blocky, the host is Blocko.  Can you not even get that correct?
And on a technicality, being admin does give the power to spawn a tank turret, teleport into the map, and fire it.  It doesn't provide the right, but it sure as hell allows for the power to do so.

My brother was right in saying Blocko and I are buds, and by stating that Blocko and I (meaning Blocky) are close means that Blocko knows me better than to randomly tp around in the tank turret.  I take no responsibility for what had happened, I cannot prevent what my brother does when he is 800 miles away.  That said, what you accused him of doing (tping in a tank turret around the map) does not make the server unsafe, which is your only reason for deadmination.

That said, I'm seeing now my brother's point of view.  The server under your supervision became so bland, and no one likes a boring server.  All that happened on the server in my time there was that I was followed around and annoyed by people who somehow knew my exact avatar every round, despite it changing every single round.  I'm sure it was just a total coincidence that the people were able to do it - every single round.  I'm sure he was just trying to lighten the mood by providing some humor.

Now, I don't feel the server is safe with you running around.  You seem far too keen on banning anyone on the allegation of RDM.  Someone yells "RDM!", you ask a few questions, and you ban the proposed individual accused the most.  This is not how you should be seeking out RDM, because it can create far too many false bans.  You need to actually watch the alleged RDMer, because actual (as opposed to accidental) RDMers do it multiple times, and can therefore be caught in the act again.  I also again bring up the reason from my previous post:

I mean really, how many people will you kill with a tping tank turret?  Will it fall on someone and kill them? no.  My brother also tells me that he was not within the boundaries of the map, but instead in the barrier of invisibricks.  Is this correct?  If so, how does being there influence the players in anyway?  If not, then please tell me what happened so I can provide evidence to my parents that their "sweet little angel" does lie.

warning - a reply

Damnit, so he wasn't lying about that.  Anyone got a picture of while in the barrier?  
Well anyway, as you can see, that was not editing the map.

This situation is bittersweet.

[edit]

my brother is now telling me that he fired a single shot from the cannon, upwards.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:24:40 AM by Gen. Hothauser »

Blocky, how did your account get hijacked?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:39:51 AM by Lurker »

guys I have the solution to all your tank dm problems:

disable the tank

unless it's used by the gamemode

I'm pretty sure you can remove all of these from the gamemode.txt:

ADDON Item_Skis
ADDON Projectile_GravityRocket
ADDON Projectile_Pinball
ADDON Projectile_Pong
ADDON Projectile_Radio_Wave
ADDON Sound_Synth4
ADDON Sound_Beeps
ADDON Sound_Phone
ADDON Vehicle_Ball
ADDON Vehicle_Flying_Wheeled_Jeep
ADDON Vehicle_Horse
ADDON Vehicle_Jeep
ADDON Vehicle_Magic_Carpet
ADDON Vehicle_Tank
ADDON Vehicle_Pirate_Cannon
ADDON Vehicle_Rowboat
ADDON Weapon_Bow
ADDON Weapon_Guns_Akimbo
ADDON Weapon_Horse_Ray
ADDON Weapon_Push_Broom
ADDON Weapon_Rocket_Launcher
ADDON Weapon_Spear
ADDON Weapon_Sword

tada
it's like magic

admins can't abuse if they have nothing to abuse!

In my suggestion, all of this wouldn't of happened if you just enforced the rules to the admin and make good choices on picking admin. If the admin got really got hijacked then its his problem, and right now your main problem is not even your players, its the admin! You have to make wiser choices and be strict.

This server goes to stuff really fast when no admins are online.

I think you have been mistaken

Why the hell do you ban without proof and yet when you have solid proof you don't actually ban the RDMer? I believe this is a mishap as I do not recall ever RDMing twice