Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 44044 times)

Ya know what would be cool. Is if you integrated a way to browse Blocklandsaves.com ingame, using a gui in BAM.

or just
let BAM make their own service, knowing it would probably tie in better?

what if we don't have steam
you got us all excited for a nice IM thing and now you're basically just saying "forget it" and turning it into a unnecessary add-on management system
see, i knew it.
now I have no way of connecting with my friends, seeing what they're doing, contacting people who leave servers without me telling them important information
that's great
gj port
you really amazed us all
you could have been the next ephialtes but now you're the next kalphiter, making blockland cloud
you don't understand how upset I am
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:37:32 PM by xSetrox »

next kalphiter lol

is it really that hard to use steam?

you got us all excited for a nice IM thing and now you're basically just saying "forget it" and turning it into a unnecessary add-on management system
see, i knew it.
now I have no way of connecting with my friends, seeing what they're doing, contacting people who leave servers without me telling them important information
that's great
gj port
you really amazed us all
you could have been the next ephialtes but now you're the next kalphiter, making blockland cloud

lol p sure BAM is not dead setro

next kalphiter lol

a stuffton of the community doesnt give two forgets about steam

a stuffton of the community doesnt give two forgets about steam

so?

Then get it. You say it like it's not free or something.

Stop complaining that this wont have chat; Port's made up his mind on where he wants this to go. Steam is a thing, and it's as good as anything to stay connected with friends. If you don't want to use it, then that sucks for you, use skype or xmpp or any other IM service. To be honest an IM service that only lets you talk to your friends when they're in-game playing Blockland is relatively silly anyway.

Port is trying to make an add-on service for you, the blockland community, to make sharing your creations easy and safe to access in an organized manner. If you can't appreciate that much then I'll just ask him not to do it at all. Seriously, have some consideration, Port doesn't have all the time in the world to make things for a game he barely likes anymore.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:08:29 PM by Evar678 »

blockland doesn't run on steam on Linux
you're going to tell me it's my fault for using Linux but I'd prefer BAM messaging over steam

Pretty sure you can run steam through wine, and play a good portion of the non-linux games.

Pretty sure you can run steam through wine, and play a good portion of the non-linux games.
you can

see, i knew it.
that's great
gj port
you really amazed us all

okay calm down, you are not the one making the add-on so you should not be calling him the next Kalphiter, and Even then he provided a great service for years before RTB came along in the hosting game.
BAM is still going to fill the gap RTB left in the add-on management department so I am happy about that.

Honestly though, if it's not too much work you should at least add a IRC client to the add-on, because I do agree with setro about the whole chat discussion, I do not like using steam, I liked when I could just friend them right on RTB or even see what server they were playing on.

blockland doesn't run on steam on Linux
Since when?

okay calm down, you are not the one making the add-on so you should not be calling him the next Kalphiter, and Even then he provided a great service for years before RTB came along in the hosting game.
BAM is still going to fill the gap RTB left in the add-on management department so I am happy about that.

Honestly though, if it's not too much work you should at least add a IRC client to the add-on, because I do agree with setro about the whole chat discussion, I do not like using steam, I liked when I could just friend them right on RTB or even see what server they were playing on.
Thanks for an actual logical contribution to this issue. I'll talk to him about the IRC concept, but that's not a priority right now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:49:59 AM by Evar678 »

If you're going to have any sort of chat client, I advise not using IRC. The general community doesn't know how to use nickserv. This causes major name stealing issues.

next kalphiter lol

you do realise not everybody in blockland has steam?

how am i gonna message my blockland friends if they don't have steam? i have lost contact with many people and im hoping i get to see them again eventually.