Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25685 times)

Atsina sends a diplomat to Ralekstien to begin diplomatic relations. The diplomats asks if Atsina can peacefully send missionaries to convert the populace of Ralekstein to Roman Catholicism.

Ralekstien Accepts, but only in controlled areas where people come volunteering.

additionally, some farmers begin clearing land for the new found fortune of orchards.

Atsina begins experiencing a rise in political tension as the Atsinan army is fighting alongside a pagan nation, against a fellow Catholic nation.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:04:17 PM by SWAT One »

Atsina begins experiencing a rise in political as the Atsinan army is fighting alongside a pagan nation, against a fellow Catholic nation.
thats good right

Woops political tension.

Woops political tension.
o damn
hold on i can fix this

The King of Atsina damns Stormlands, saying they do not truly follow Catholicism. They treat their people horribly and are barely pious.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:09:30 PM by mlockha »

The Avalonian army makes another push east.  Quite a number of cities have chosen to simply surrender after hearing rumors of Avalonian invincibility and cruelty.  Nonetheless, the fighting was particularly intense with those city states that chose to resist.  During one battle, use was made of the false retreat; and in another, enemy troops were lured outside their city before the cavalry blitzed the gates and both surrounded the enemy and breached the city.  Use was made in several instances of siege tactics against cities that proved resistant to Avalonia's normal tactics.  But despite this overwhelming success, casualties were very high in some groups of soldiers who are given an extra long battle reprieve to gather and train new men and also to recoup.  Map.

Reports indicating that the sea is not that far from Avalonia's frontier are validated by scouts, and Avalonian smart people are tasked with figuring out how to build and operate a solid boat, guided by reports from scouts and Avalonians who traveled to Erinaum's coast for this purpose.

Certain cities just within Avalonia's southern frontier become worried over the lack of any type of buffer zone between the two nations.  In response to this, the Khan sends a letter to the Ivek of Erinaum (did it right this time) indicating his desire for general peace and proposing a meeting between the two monarchs (or delegates anyway) to discuss means of ensuring general stability in these border areas that seem so prone to paranoia.

Those are buffer zones.  The lighter areas are known as areas of interest.  The mid-toned area is frontiers, colonies, etc.  They are not recognized as borders, and can shift hands with more influence.  The area in between was created by trade.  These people are really blended economically, though feel little to no political pressure or sense of loyalty to either side.

The Ivek agrees, and invites the Khan's men to be treated in one of Erinaum's most beautiful estates in the increasingly profitable Nïmûn district.

Erinaum states its intentions to eventually extend its claims into the remainder of Manchuria and Korea, but due to a recent history of harsh winters, and the army needed in the south, paired with strong micro-kingdoms in the area, Erinaum has not been able to move forward.  As of next year, Erinaum plans to invade.

A large fire in a bustling plum-growing region in the south is contained, only after burning down 47 km² of plum orchards.  The source was found to be at a Åkkèlé storage building, where several barrels caught fire due to an ox kicking a lantern over.  Consequently, Åkkèlé prices double, in some areas quadruple.

Erinaum notices that not all of its provinces use the same currency, and therefore travel is impractical.  A system of coinage is suggested, and becomes popular with the affluent and the nobility, but is regarded as less practical to the common people.  The system may be implemented if enough public support can be raised.

The diplomats report back to the Emir that the outlying tribes and cities wish for more involvement in political affairs.  The Emir promises them more involvement in return for loyalty to the Kharidian empire.

The Stormefleet continues laying waste to the frigates that foolishly attempt to slow them down, using their use of flammable oils and better speed to good use. The army with assistance from annexed the northern tribes and kingdoms finally reach the stormland border and don't waste any time in their assault as the troops down south continue their unrelenting push, preachers still trying to convert as much as the populace to their side as possible, hoping to reach out to peoples who were forcefully brought into the kingdom in hopes that they'll fight for the glorious lands of Stormemark

You are pretty much godmoding and making yourself invincible by saying you have loving oils and catapults and knights on drugs.

Ralekstien Sends settlers to create a port town on the Mediterranean

The Atsinan Army that landed in England continues to fight through Southern England, as they plan to meet up with the Sotrmemark army and wreak havoc.

Why is everyone attacking him again?

no reason, just to be starfishs.
also i dont really care if i get thrown out of the game because this isn't really that fun

You are pretty much godmoding and making yourself invincible by saying you have loving oils and catapults and knights on drugs.

Um.. No?

It's called tactics and techniques, and these are some considerably simple ones at that. Norse warriors and vikings commonly drugged themselves to put themselves into a rage, numb themselves to pain and to help them believe that they are immortal and anything in their path is simply nothing more than prey. The oils were an idea of my own, and a simple one at that as it allows the flammable arrows to be more effective without having to be overly accurate and hit a person, and helps fasten the destruction of an enemies ship. And the miniature mock catapults is hardly godmodding, don't even get me started on that.

I am by no means invincible, however I've prepared for this occasion and planned it out with the intent of winning as most people would and thus I've put procedures in place to ensure that I do succeed. And you make it sound like I'm supposed to be ridiculously weak and puny in comparison to you and should simply be defeated without any effort, you shouldn't make that mistake. Now if you'd be as kind as to stop complaining and roleplay it'd be appreciated not just by me, but everyone else here cause one-sided arguments are simply annoying.

Why is everyone attacking him again?

Stormemark simply wishes to expand in power and land, and are using this occasion to convert the local oppressed tribes to join them