Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25679 times)

This shouldn't qualify them as the Russians because Scorched earth was a common tactic.
scorched earth is different then burning down houses

Stormlands gathers all women and children and sends them on boats during the night hidden north easy for them to find new lands to settle

scorched earth is different then burning down houses

Scorched earth is burning things so they cant be used, its more commonly used in strategic resources or buildings too.

Hes likely burning the houses so they cant loot them for anything or use them, if not; Hes crazy

Sorry Plethora, I meant this.

The land for which I was aiming contains a small sliver of the southern extent of the land that you connected with the sea.  I can draw it out.

That takes me to the OP as well.

I do wish to point out that the land was white and there were no visual indicators of your desire to take any of it.

Also, for updating curves:  This was in the OP since yesterday.

That takes me to the OP as well.

I do wish to point out that the land was white and there were no visual indicators of your desire to take any of it.
This.

Verbal representations of my intentions:

Erinaum finishes its recent attempt at strengthening the economy internally, and more foodstuffs are traded with Avalonia.  Erinaum looks at expanding eastward and southward, to first fill up its current frontiers, then to continue it its desired directions.
Erinaum states its intentions to eventually extend its claims into the remainder of Manchuria and Korea, but due to a recent history of harsh winters, and the army needed in the south, paired with strong micro-kingdoms in the area, Erinaum has not been able to move forward.  As of next year, Erinaum plans to invade.
Just a friendly reminder that Erinaum will be occupying the Manchu region.  Some of your areas of influence will be overridden by an invading army, but anyways, steer clear unless you want to aid in this invasion.

That being said, messengers and diplomats are being sent out to both attempt to get micro-kingdoms to rally to Erinaum's side, or seek trade interests.  Spies are also sent.  Their mission is to attempt to blend in with the locals and pay off other locals to get public opinion of Erinaum, or sometimes to tell stories of their great riches and power.  After a year, many local tribes and micro-kingdoms hear of it, and communicate back with desire to trade or be diplomatically linked, but other proud nations stand up and take the news of Erinaum as a challenge, and band together for strength.

The army lies waiting at the border, should they be needed.
Visual representation of end goals.

Instigator?  Of what?

Nonetheless, your verbal messages do not give me lines not to cross.  Given this, my borders are understandable.  My own inclination is to say we're both at fault, you for not providing concrete borders despite being the guy in charge of the map, and I for moving into land that could come under dispute; that noted, perhaps we can split the land down the middle and end this on a friendly note.

I didn't particularly like Avalonia's jello-in-an-earthquake borders anyway.

Instigator?  Of what?
Official research guy.  You do good research.

Nonetheless, your verbal messages do not give me lines not to cross.  Given this, my borders are understandable.  My own inclination is to say we're both at fault, you for not providing concrete borders despite being the guy in charge of the map, and I for moving into land that could come under dispute; that noted, perhaps we can split the land down the middle and end this on a friendly note.
This is Manchuria.  Suppose we assisted each other to capture this region, and then we divide it up.

I didn't particularly like Avalonia's jello-in-an-earthquake borders anyway.
The map has been updated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:05:53 PM by SWAT One »

Avalonia is ugly now.  :/  Much prefer the smooth borders.

I've already kind of captured it.  As said, anything I've colored in is part of Avalonia, surrendered, or was annihilated by Avalonian troops.  The lightest areas are just where Avalonia's influence is weakest, in part because Avalonia integrates peoples and lands slowly to avoid rebellion from culture shock or what have you.  This isn't me trying to weasel land out of your grip, it's me trying to be reasonable and account for your goals as well as my own.

Okay, If I can get the white buffer zones, and the rest of the area in Manchuria and Korea southward where you have no influence, that'll be fine.

In my research, I didn't really find anything about Viking use of burning oil on ships or anywhere actually; the closest it came was the use of fire ships, although red hot/flaming/boiling stuff was used against them in multiple cases.  This does not mean it didn't happen, it just means that nothing exists on the first few pages of google to verify its use.
Apparently berserker type behavior, killing indiscriminately and being unable to stop, was present in a lot of armies even among groups that were all for showing mercy, not just vikings, although drugs could certainly facilitate this (I didn't fact check the use of these drugs, but I can if needed).

The flammable oils were an idea of my own, a very slight diversion from historical vikings which I don't see any reason to consider void or the sort. We're all going to be different from whom we're based off in some shape or form after all.

Grunter not every loving soldier is going to be in one huge army, if you were pillaging the land they would be in small groups.

For Stormemark troops not to get anything, rebels burn down houses and retreat.

Lol, I hope you aren't telling me how my countries military operates, we all have different tactics and moving around in one large horde is more affective than smaller packets, and even then these small groups would have enough troups to send rebels off into hiding. And even then, a small group of better trained, better equipped and bloodthirsty vikings will intimidate even a larger force of under-trained, under-equipped rebels who are unorganized (because rebels) and have low morale because at the moment they have to cope with the knowledge that two countries are invading them with the intent of annexation.

However, if you're implying that for your own peoples, that'll make invading much easier on my side, that way our forces can easily wipe out the forces faster and more effectively if their broken up into smaller pockets of resistance, and thus even more unorganized.

Messengers are sent inland to declare that if the stormlands peacefully surrender to Stormemark now and with the land they hold now, exempting contested lands, their land will be converted to a Stormemark state and noble families will have a chance to become governers over said state. Otherwise, the Stormefleet and land forces will continue their assaults and unnecessary deaths will continue.

Atsina cedes it's English land to Storemark.

also we claim down to genoa and corsica

The flammable oils were an idea of my own, a very slight diversion from historical vikings which I don't see any reason to consider void or the sort. We're all going to be different from whom we're based off in some shape or form after all.

moving around in one large horde is more affective effective than smaller packets, and even then these small groups would have enough troups troops
Note that I didn't say it should be voided or it shouldn't, but Swat seems to be fairly big on enforcing relative historical accuracy on some fronts, I just do the research, he can do the damage.

The present suggestion regarding the land is good in my eyes.

Avalonia continues to build roads and stuff in its sphere.

Note that I didn't say it should be voided or it shouldn't, but Swat seems to be fairly big on enforcing relative historical accuracy on some fronts, I just do the research, he can do the damage.

The present suggestion regarding the land is good in my eyes.

Avalonia continues to build roads and stuff in its sphere.

Mm alright, and thanks for fixing typos, am pretty tired atm

i'm debating whether to interfere but you dudes would completely wipe me out.