Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25696 times)

Meanwhile, all retired, active soldiers and hunters are executed in towns across Southern England, even if they are not rebels. Any one found to be aiding rebels is tortured, then executed.

Once ralekstien hears about this they will lose respect for your country.

Map Updated.

Stormemark's campaigning has left micro-kingdoms to the north feeling uneasy.  As of late, they have chosen not to associate themselves with Stormemark.

Atsina, having superior weaponry and armor to the rebels, as well as tactics and displicine, completely wreck the rebels. Bowmen fire, then infantry move in, and finally heavy calvary force the rebels to rout. (hm, are these tactics familar? hint william the conqueror hint hint)

Meanwhile, all retired, active soldiers and hunters are executed in towns across Southern England, even if they are not rebels. Any one found to be aiding rebels is tortured, then executed.

NO MERCY
My soldiers have those "drugs" now plus I killed those men

zanovia would like to form an alliance with kharidia
acceptico

Hey guys look what I made.

Feel free to suggest things to add, edit or remove.

My soldiers have those "drugs" now plus I killed those men

As anyone would, and as I had quite clearly implied, only my rarest unit uses the drugs and their coincidentally my strongest and least likely to die, those being the dismounted knights. And those units just so happen to be residing on the frigates aside from the stray one among the longboats. There wouldn't be enough inland to give your rebels any advantage, and even then they took them before any of the fighting even began so if you found any bits or piece of the drug on their corpses it wouldn't be enough to have them be completely numbed to pain, as my drugs don't even completely numb one to pain.

Also stop quoting drugs like a complete and utter twat, it's seriously making you look like a massive asshat, in my own opinion at least. The drugs are existent through herbs and even alchemic production

Also, are you stating that you killed off an entire army of well trained, well equipped and highly dangerous knights warriors and whatnot that, according to the almanac are much more effective than yours on land? You're practically at the bottom in land military in comparison to all the other countries. You're not right below me or atsina, you're quite a ways down, I'd have figured you'd take that into consideration before just suddenly wiping out an entire army with under-trained and under-armed rebels. And even if war veterans /did/ begin training those who didn't know how to fight, it'd take quite a bit of time to train them to do much, especially in this day and age.

But without further education, I'll state my moves now.

Map Updated.

Stormemark's campaigning has left micro-kingdoms to the north feeling uneasy.  As of late, they have chosen not to associate themselves with Stormemark.

As the north britannian army continues moving down south to meet and push the Stormlandian border (cause apparently they didn't), they assure micro-kingdoms northern of their homeland and near the newly annexed britannian kingdoms that they are only eliminating the scourge of the animal-like and oppressive people of the Stormlands. And they also state that they'd be better off joining Stormemark, lest the current king pass away and a much more unforgiving king comes into rule.

Meanwhile, the army on the southern ends continues their expanses as the Stormefleet finishes off or leaves the rest of the frigates to flee as they go back towards the coast to wreak havoc and get more troops off to attack on land.

The ambushes set up within the buildings don't prove too successful as Stormemark units with shields deploy a maneuver similar to the roman tortoise, expect they leave slits open for archers to shoot and fire back, while their feet would initially be exposed, they'd quickly move over to a angle in which hitting their feet would be near impossible, if not impossible. Even then, they wouldn't be too keen on entering the buildings themselves and would rather set them ablaze via tossing torches up onto the roof.

In my research, I didn't really find anything about Viking use of burning oil on ships or anywhere actually; the closest it came was the use of fire ships, although red hot/flaming/boiling stuff was used against them in multiple cases.  This does not mean it didn't happen, it just means that nothing exists on the first few pages of google to verify its use.
Apparently berserker type behavior, killing indiscriminately and being unable to stop, was present in a lot of armies even among groups that were all for showing mercy, not just vikings, although drugs could certainly facilitate this (I didn't fact check the use of these drugs, but I can if needed).

Avalonia intends to keep its hold on its conquered lands, or at the very least a road to the ocean.  Avalonian soldiers have fought in those areas of interest, and if its interests are threatened, Avalonia is threatened.  Something can be worked out, certainly, but if this invasion will cut Avalonia off from the sea again, this is unacceptable.

Grunter not every loving soldier is going to be in one huge army, if you were pillaging the land they would be in small groups.

For Stormemark troops not to get anything, rebels burn down houses and retreat.

Lands of interest are those where settlements are not established.  Areas of interest are intended lands to capture, and most nearly mean a sphere if influence.

I mean feel free to color some portions as colonies.  A lot of the area would refer to spheres of influence because of word of mouth.

Also, it's been bothering me, just a little OCD thing.  Can you draw your territories with more organic lines?  I don't care if this means you step over your borders or recede into them a bit.

Also, Plethora, this.

Stormlands is turning into Russia...  O_O
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:17:55 PM by SWAT One »

how am i turning into russia, im turning into poland

how am i turning into russia, im turning into poland
russia burnt down moscow once when retreating...

There's a huge difference between small towns and a capital.

Well, let me elaborate a little on Avalonia's map; I don't shade anything that Avalonia's troops haven't gone through with the intent of annexation and been successful in their attacks; the darker the area, the heavier Avalonian influence in the area is, and the lightest regions may not even be tributary states, merely places that surrendered and are being left alone for now or were destroyed.  I apologize if my past meanings were unclear.  For the record, Avalonia has not (and likely will not) claim any land as "to be taken"; it's either Avalonia's by right of conquest or it's not marked.  That is ultimately why I got somewhat defensive of the land.

That said,
this.
I'm not entirely sure why you posted a link to the OP.  Did your borders advance?

In future I will attempt to make my borders look more organic in future, maybe even make a map now.  I generally consider organic to mean smooth and rounded, but I am assuming that you mean more like yours, kind of jagged-ey rounded.

Russia was also conquered by the Mongols.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:30:43 PM by Plethora »

There's a huge difference between small towns and a capital.

moscow was a small town when it was burnt down by retreating russians

moscow was a small town when it was burnt down by retreating russians

This shouldn't qualify them as the Russians because Scorched earth was a common tactic.