Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25687 times)

dude you have plenty of land and I have barely any

dude you have plenty of land and I have barely any

Just because you don't have much doesn't give me any IC reason not to attack you, why do you persist on arguing OOCly because you can't/won't put up a resistance ICly without calling bullstuff because you can't muster up enough troops/resources/brain cells to fight back and acknowledge I'm not a bunch of bumbling idiots with axes, swords and shields?

ren why don't you PUT ON THE WOOOOOOAD

The Avalonian army makes one last push to the sea.  As Avalonia has become accustomed to, many cities surrendered, but many coastal cities resisted fiercely and many members of them fled by sea where the Avalonians were unable to follow which actually worked to Avalonia's advantage as that meant that there were fewer people resisting.  The double edge to the sword, however, is that Avalonia will now have a lot of rebuilding to do along the coast.  Avalonia will have, it is believed, a particularly difficult time bringing the region to be happy or at least not resistant to Avalonian rule as roads, the main way that Avalonia makes the natives happy, already exist.  Avalonia isn't actually moving into the area to govern yet, which gives it some time to come up with some way to placate the locals as Avalonia's influence tightens there, possibly by collecting only enough tribute to manage the lands (less than previous taxes) for several years.

Meanwhile, road building elsewhere in Avalonia's sphere of influence continues, and many areas within Avalonia's more local sphere accept Avalonian rule.  Avalonia.

Also ren you wont get pushed out of the RP but you will play under someones rule, after awhile you might be able to revolt and drive them out of the country.

Atsina should have met with Stormemark already.  The occupying regions are pretty close.  Anyways, I'll be editing the map.

Plethora, can you be an instigator and fact check that flammable oil thing?  There were evidences of it in Whaling, but I'd like to know if it was feasable at the time, and if it was an industry (of small nations) able to produce it in such large proportions as mentioned.  If you wonder why I'm asking you, you were very thorough in your research during NaW.

Avalonia.
Just a friendly reminder that Erinaum will be occupying the Manchu region.  Some of your areas of influence will be overridden by an invading army, but anyways, steer clear unless you want to aid in this invasion.

That being said, messengers and diplomats are being sent out to both attempt to get micro-kingdoms to rally to Erinaum's side, or seek trade interests.  Spies are also sent.  Their mission is to attempt to blend in with the locals and pay off other locals to get public opinion of Erinaum, or sometimes to tell stories of their great riches and power.  After a year, many local tribes and micro-kingdoms hear of it, and communicate back with desire to trade or be diplomatically linked, but other proud nations stand up and take the news of Erinaum as a challenge, and band together for strength.

The army lies waiting at the border, should they be needed.

The rest of the Northern territories are annexed as trade networks finish on Erinaum's side.  Erinaum once again encourages Avalonia to connect its network with the new network.

Buddhist priests begin traveling to Avalonia to begin spreading the teachings of Buddha.

Renouism, know that unless the culture of your people is controlled to the point of oppression, or is completely dead, you can still incite civilian revolts, even when it's hundreds of years after initial occupation.  Even thousands.

The tensions in Atsina die down, but Atsina begins treating Stormlandic people as almost subhuman.

Political decline of Kharidia is frozen, and the economy begins rising yet again.

Rebels hide in buildings and ambush enemies passing by using bows and lighting rags on fire and closing all exits. Rebels shoot them down with their bows from rooftops.

Where do rebels get bows?...

Normal civilians in old feudal society weren't allowed to hunt or have weapons unless they were tools they might use for labor.

Not saying that the wouldn't be able to get ahold of bows, but they'd be nowhere near common, nor trained to use them.

Retired soldiers could train people, plus they could make them

Rebels would be likely composed of people who hunted or were old soldier yes

And they are considered resistance.

jesus christ guys do some research

zanovia would like to form an alliance with kharidia

Curious about the rumors of a "drug" they were taking, one of the resistance members gets some off the body of a dead soldier and takes it. Feeling a lot stronger and asking another member to punch him, he feels no pain in his body. Resistance begins to stockpile the drugs off the bodies.

Curious about the rumors of a "drug" they were taking, one of the resistance members gets some off the body of a dead soldier and takes it. Feeling a lot stronger and asking another member to punch him, he feels no pain in his body. Resistance begins to stockpile the drugs off the bodies.
This too.  While it would make sense, it is reasonable to put it under scrutiny.

I would also like to point out that after taking those drugs you would be under extreme fatigue.

Atsina, having superior weaponry and armor to the rebels, as well as tactics and displicine, completely wreck the rebels. Bowmen fire, then infantry move in, and finally heavy calvary force the rebels to rout. (hm, are these tactics familar? hint william the conqueror hint hint)

Meanwhile, all retired, active soldiers and hunters are executed in towns across Southern England, even if they are not rebels. Any one found to be aiding rebels is tortured, then executed.

NO MERCY
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:06:44 PM by mlockha »