Author Topic: What would you do if you were capable of developing the game?  (Read 7168 times)

I would make all versions of Blockland available to play and host on, including v8 or like v19.
Whenever you try to join a different version, it would tell you that your version is different and let you know which one it is.

I would make Steam keys available to be changed by making it so when you buy Blockland through Steam, you can convert a cd key into a BL key.
So before you press the "key" button to change it, it would ask you to go to the blockland.us website and use the converter.
This also means you could change your cd key or regular key for your Steam.

I'd add some new staff members, because some of the users on here I've noticed have been very loyal and helpful to the community. Aside from the ones who left.
I would also add new forum features such as different ranks like Modder, making people feel more accomplished rather than being an ordinary user.
Another cool feature would be liking or disliking posts. Though I'd probably ask the community for their input about that one.

Most of these things would subside the community and I hope shut a few people up about updates.
After I added those things, I would begin asking different modders or staff about their input on what should be added next. Not necessarily random users.
Then whatever those are, I would use the best ideas (in my opinion) and try to implement them into the game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:22:28 AM by Nobot »

- Fix vehicle physics
- Fix the 8 lighting limit
- Work on the optimization of shaders
- Find a way to generate terrain with bricks inexpensively

listen to the community
not be an asshat
give banned users chances

Bring bak v20!!!!!
also unsteal rtb!!!111

Rude. I remember reading something that said that steam gets a cut of money from each blockland purchase. And yes, I was wrong, but there was absolutely no need to post a scathing reply.
Steam takes a 30% cut as far as I know.

I would ban any ID Discriminating friend from hosting on the master server for six months, and remotely change their players every time they direct an insult torwards someone with an ID higher than theirs.

I would make all versions of Blockland available to play and host on, including v8 or like v19.
Whenever you try to join a different version, it would tell you that your version is different and let you know which one it is.

I would make Steam keys available to be changed by making it so when you buy Blockland through Steam, you can convert a cd key into a BL key.
So before you press the "key" button to change it, it would ask you to go to the blockland.us website and use the converter.
This also means you could change your cd key or regular key for your Steam.

I'd add some new staff members, because some of the users on here I've noticed have been very loyal and helpful to the community. Aside from the ones who left.
I would also add new forum features such as different ranks like Modder, making people feel more accomplished rather than being an ordinary user.
Another cool feature would be liking or disliking posts. Though I'd probably ask the community for their input about that one.

Most of these things would subside the community and I hope shut a few people up about updates.
After I added those things, I would begin asking different modders or staff about their input on what should be added next. Not necessarily random users.
Then whatever those are, I would use the best ideas (in my opinion) and try to implement them into the game.
So you'd kill Blockland faster. Alright, don't put this guy in charge.

So you'd kill Blockland faster. Alright, don't put this guy in charge.
how is he killing blockland lol

well i guess you could say i would be the creator of blockland in that case

if i wus curtor i would keep the new shaders and maps

fix stuff & update
give a stuff
And so in conclusion ladies and gentlemen, this is why we never get updates.