Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.

Author Topic: Zoe Quinn, and what being in bed with writers will do to the games industry.  (Read 20658 times)

because badspot isn't a prostitute
nor is he a white middle class woman who can claim that he is oppressed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:26:26 AM by Harm94 »

Blockland time until greenlit: Sept. 12 2012 - Aug. 28 2013
Depression Quest time until greenlit: December 2013 - January 2014

Why does Blockland take a year to get greenlit but what's basically a 'text adventure' takes only a month?

Also, read the facebook comments here if you want to rage:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130525-Depression-Quest-Dev-Faces-Harassment-after-Steam-Submission
because badspot didn't sell himself and then cry like a little bitch for attention?

There's a lot of loving words around the posts in OP and I read the TL;DR and it seems like its just some stupid skank who slept around. Why is this such a big deal.

There's a lot of loving words around the posts in OP and I read the TL;DR and it seems like its just some stupid skank who slept around. Why is this such a big deal.
It's literally prostitution and it's making the indie game industry look bad

Summary:
She ruined the reputation of a non profit organization whose goal was to have women pitch an idea for a video game and people would make it and the profit would go to charity while a small percentage went to the woman for royalties. However she decided to play the victim and come up with some excuse to shut them down.

Then she went on to get in bed with a writer for Kotaku and Rock Paper Shotgun and had him write articles to promote her game then articles to defend her.

She then went on to sleep with several other men, forget over more people while pretending to be a victim.

She is nothing more than feminist whore who likes to hurt people's reputations by pretending to be a victim.

"I didn't read this, but I just wanted to tell y'all is no big deal

It's literally prostitution and it's making the indie game industry look bad

Why are people taking her to be the indie game industry then? Its one person, stupid forgeted up people are bound to happen in any industry.

Summary:
She ruined the reputation of a non profit organization whose goal was to have women pitch an idea for a video game and people would make it and the profit would go to charity while a small percentage went to the woman for royalties. However she decided to play the victim and come up with some excuse to shut them down. Okay that's really forgeted up

Then she went on to get in bed with a writer for Kotaku and Rock Paper Shotgun and had him write articles to promote her game then articles to defend her. That's kinda forgeted up too

She then went on to sleep with several other men, forget over more people while pretending to be a victim. A bitch being a bitch

She is nothing more than feminist whore who likes to hurt people's reputations by pretending to be a victim. A bitch being a bitch

Thanks for the summary.

"I didn't read this, but I just wanted to tell y'all is no big deal

I was asking why it was a big deal because I have better things to do in the better part of an hour rather than read long loving articles about how some whore did whoring.

ok but she forgeted people and forgeted charities over just so she could get money and fame. she made game reviewers write good reviews about her by loving them and kotaku is defending her. are we supposed to trust those sources now? well i mean kotaku sucked anyways but still. this is not just "oh one of those angry bitches again, nothing to be concerned about."

are we supposed to trust those sources now?
why would you trust any gaming "source" ever

Summary:
She ruined the reputation of a non profit organization whose goal was to have women pitch an idea for a video game and people would make it and the profit would go to charity while a small percentage went to the woman for royalties. However she decided to play the victim and come up with some excuse to shut them down.

Then she went on to get in bed with a writer for Kotaku and Rock Paper Shotgun and had him write articles to promote her game then articles to defend her.

She then went on to sleep with several other men, forget over more people while pretending to be a victim.

She is nothing more than feminist whore who likes to hurt people's reputations by pretending to be a victim.
There's a lot of stuff that's being censored or posted hidden away anonymously.
Some people have had their careers threatened because they merely brought the issue up.

when I pressed the issue the implication quickly turned from a dismissive handwave to a very threatening “talk about this any more and you will be fired.”

There's much more than this, and many well known issues where jobs and organizations were destroyed.

...that is a month

Yes. It is. Thank you for clearing that up.

open the door get on the floor

every body nail the game dev whore
You are my new favorite user

There's a lot of stuff that's being censored or posted hidden away anonymously.
Some people have had their careers threatened because they merely brought the issue up.
[img width=400]https://gabrielaknight.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/chloe.png[/im g][ /url] [url=https://gabrielaknight.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/tfyc.png][img width=400]https://gabrielaknight.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/tfyc.png[/im g][/ur l]
There's much more than this, and many well known issues where jobs and organizations were destroyed.
mind explaining whats going on in these 2 pictures because Im a little lost

edit: ok i understand the 2nd picture but not the 1st
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:22:34 AM by SlayerZ99 »