Author Topic: Computermix, Ipquarx, and Cca - CBM being hacked into to steal keys [chat+pics]  (Read 42872 times)

Yeah, and? I once stored my key on Kalphiter's service. It was on his machine.

When you enter in credit card information, it's stored on a database, which is also a different machine.

itchy trigger finger
This is not a major company. They're not even in control of what was compromised, there is nothing they can do but pray that things aren't any worse than they already are.
Of course I trust services, just not in services run by random idiots who don't know what they're doing, lol.

I do believe Cowboy did control the issue by patching up the issue.

Your second point isn't even an argument however. You're claiming for some reason that Cowboy is a random idiot who knows nothing of what he is doing, when he has proved to run a reliable service for some time now whilst quickly resolving issues, including this one.

From what I have heard it was only able to crack the last 3 digits of the key.

If it isn't true (means if I get revoked or key hijacked), it was nice meeting everyone in Blockland.

Only the first 5 digits are bound to the ID; which kalphiter found out and had that "Your first 5 digits of your key" thing on blockland cloud.

If it isn't true (means if I get revoked or key hijacked), it was nice meeting everyone in Blockland.
How is that possible if most of the key is randomly generated? I don't see how they could only find the last 3 digits of the key without finding the whole thing.

You're also going in circles with your argument now; I have already explained how he has been competent and you're still dismissing everything else I have brought up.
Probably because you're just saying a bunch of stupid stuff without thinking that I have already addressed. This could be remedied if you applied basic logic to your thought process and realised, surprise surprise, that I am right.

he has proved to run a reliable service for some time now whilst quickly resolving issues, including this one.
What has he fixed here? Did he somehow remove the keys from the internet? I didn't know he was a master hacker.

How is that possible if most of the key is randomly generated? I don't see how they could only find the last 3 digits of the key without finding the whole thing.
Exactly.

TL;DR:

Kochieboy and Kishgal are blaming the victims of an attack that decrypted a standard encrypted key.dat that happened to be on an external server. They are also accusing CBM for being "unprofessional" when the same exact thing could have happened to RTB Servers or Kalipheter's Service. The only thing that went wrong was a hole in a wall that stored the same key.dat that everyone has in their Blockland file, and the same key.dat that only works on the computer it was generated in. We are talking about the key.dat being hacked, but they keep talking about vulnurabilities in the hosting server blah blah.

TL;DR;TL;DR:

One of the K's are blaming people for something that wasn't foreseeable, and that a number of posts around the forum made by whoever were not viewed by people who never saw them?

I mean like, why are you blaming people for something they never knew would have happened???

Kishgal or whoever, you mentality will be totally different if you were the victim. Myself and everyone else are NOT at fault here, it is the hacker's fault for figuring out how to get past Badspot's decryption. If you are pointinf fingers, it should be at the hacker, or even if you dare, the way encryption works.

Just stop victim blaming. None of us did anything wrong.

I mean like, why are you blaming people for something they never knew would have happened???
well technically it is our fault because we're really not supposed to give our keys to anyone. I really don't like supporting the argument that it is our fault but I have to say it's true.

I call legit bullstuff that "the last few digits" were cracked.
MOR/Computermix is hiding something.
I know it.

TL;DR:

Kochieboy and Kishgal are blaming the victims of an attack that decrypted a standard encrypted key.dat that happened to be on an external server. They are also accusing CBM for being "unprofessional" when the same exact thing could have happened to RTB Servers or Kalipheter's Service. The only thing that went wrong was a hole in a wall that stored the same key.dat that everyone has in their Blockland file, and the same key.dat that only works on the computer it was generated in. We are talking about the key.dat being hacked, but they keep talking about vulnurabilities in the hosting server blah blah.

TL;DR;TL;DR:

One of the K's are blaming people for something that wasn't foreseeable, and that a number of posts around the forum made by whoever were not viewed by people who never saw them?

Kishgal or whoever, you mentality will be totally different if you were the victim. Myself and everyone else are NOT at fault here, it is the hacker's fault for figuring out how to get past Badspot's decryption. If you are pointinf fingers, it should be at the hacker, or even if you dare, the way encryption works.

Just stop victim blaming. None of us did anything wrong.

Nice biased tl;dr, maybe actually make an unbiased summary for those who want to know what really happened like what I stated back a couple hours ago.

*cough*
Cbm host was compromised
Keys were supposedly hijacked in the process
We got into a discussion about victim-blaming
Now we are talking about exploits
*cough*

I call legit bullstuff that "the last few digits" were cracked.
MOR/Computermix is hiding something.
I know it.

The guy isn't MoR, he just sent me a email again. For obvious reasons I'll likely never find out who it really is, but this was not MoR. The signature at the bottom of the email was a joke by him, since MoR is quite infamous around here.

The guy isn't MoR, he just sent me a email again. For obvious reasons I'll likely never find out who it really is, but this was not MoR. The signature at the bottom of the email was a joke by him, since MoR is quite infamous around here.
then can you tell us what the forget the email is?

Can you trace the email address or something?