Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 249514 times)

forget im going to a birthday party at 5:00 EST i cant participate :(

should I get dolphin and melee

it's the total super best game in the series

does a gc controller even matter

if there's another controller you can use on your computer that you're comfortable with, then no
but personally, i find that the GC controller is more precise because it has a little more resistance so it's easier to dashdance and stuff

[color=transparent]do I main peach[/color]

if u want me to beat u up

does anybody have difficulty choosing a main?  even after several months I've been juggling about a fourth of the roster (pm), though I have been able to basically narrow the selection down to who I like and who I REALLY like.  what do I do ;-;

does anybody have difficulty choosing a main?  even after several months I've been juggling about a fourth of the roster (pm), though I have been able to basically narrow the selection down to who I like and who I REALLY like.  what do I do ;-;

play whoever you're best at

save your favorite characters for secondaries or pockets

play whoever you're best at
yeah but that's the problem.  I'm better at three characters (the REALLY narrowed selection) than the rest but I don't think I should start out triple-maining or really developing secondaries without actually developing a main, but one of them can excel at a different matchup than another seemingly often.
Luigi, peach, marth

if there's another controller you can use on your computer that you're comfortable with, then no
but personally, i find that the GC controller is more precise because it has a little more resistance so it's easier to dashdance and stuff
I'll give my gamepad a shot
if u want me to beat u up
I'll get beat up anyway

I'm going to a local later today, anyone up for a few netplay friendlies?

yeah but that's the problem.  I'm better at three characters (the REALLY narrowed selection) than the rest but I don't think I should start out triple-maining or really developing secondaries without actually developing a main, but one of them can excel at a different matchup than another seemingly often.
Luigi, peach, marth
I have three fighters that I use in each game, usually have different styles but I tend to focus on one the most and have the other two just sub-par, I pocket the first you could say, imo theres nothing wrong with having three fighters to use. If you wanna narrow it down though, I suggest Marth or Luigi in PM, and Marth or Peach in Melee

whens the tourney today nalass

In my opinion using a GC Controller doesn't matter unless your one of those people that refuse to use any other controller.

Personally, I use a Pro Controller whenever I play at my cousins house, and I never notice any input lag, my cousin still decided to buy the GC adapter and another GC Controller though.

does anybody have difficulty choosing a main?  even after several months I've been juggling about a fourth of the roster (pm), though I have been able to basically narrow the selection down to who I like and who I REALLY like.  what do I do ;-;
I've been playing for almost 1.5 years and I still don't really have a PM main. I've settled on Fox in Melee but I stray from playing him way too often..

You should focus on the funnest one, because you won't tire of them for a while hopefully. Try and stick with them as long as possible, until you feel like they're solid enough to where you can begin developing your secondary. If you try and develop several characters at once you'll get nowhere due to a lack of focus.
4-5 for check ins on the blf melee tournament group
yeah schaumburg, idk if mike wants to disclose where he lives but i think you have his address
Yeah it looks like ASH@WIT is closer to Schaumburg than it is to Chicago, and I've been out there before (takes an hour with no traffic to get there from me) so y'all should be able to do it too. Unless you don't have a ride.

You guys are kind of out of the way from us but maybe we could pick you up. Now that it's second semester for me I can maybe go to locals more often now.
should I get dolphin and melee
do I main peach
i think you should get a gc controller. its just what melee was designed to be played on. and if you ever decide you really like melee youll want to carry your experience from netplay to a physical setup

In my opinion using a GC Controller doesn't matter unless your one of those people that refuse to use any other controller.

Personally, I use a Pro Controller whenever I play at my cousins house, and I never notice any input lag, my cousin still decided to buy the GC adapter and another GC Controller though.
I think he meant in the context of Dolphin? Can you use a pro controller on a computer?

I think he meant in the context of Dolphin? Can you use a pro controller on a computer?
if you can connect your wii remote you should be able to, I dunno though

Yeah it looks like ASH@WIT is closer to Schaumburg than it is to Chicago, and I've been out there before (takes an hour with no traffic to get there from me) so y'all should be able to do it too. Unless you don't have a ride.
Yeah I'll have a car in a few months hopefully. Where can you find locals in your area?

also guys can you check in at the smash blf group, its in the OP

Yeah I'll have a car in a few months hopefully. Where can you find locals in your area?

also guys can you check in at the smash blf group, its in the OP
Chicagoland FB group is a good start