Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98999 times)

I'd love to help test also!
Hey Mule, sure. :) Added to the list.

- pic -

This happened with the method, the exact same result as without it except the terrain bricks used to be yellow.
Hmm, that seems to be an issue either with setting up the arrays used for referencing terrain height, or for setting the randomized terrain height itself. With terrain floating like that, it shows that some of the settings are working at least, so it's not the script objects. Again if you don't mind, I'll send you an updated script file to install that will include console echos, which will tell me what's going on.

Again if you don't mind, I'll send you an updated script file to install that will include console echos, which will tell me what's going on.
What's the ETA on that?

Actually, I randomly started having the same problem you did, after setting Routine settings to default and loading the default settings preset. It doesn't make any sense, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of what caused it.

Edit: Wait nm, the issue on my end was just due to one of the new settings I was working on for the next version; it's fixed. Try starting a routine and letting it finish, then type echo($PTGm.zMod); into the console and let me know what the value is.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:22:15 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Okay, I sent you a PM with the file.

Would it be possible to make it so it doesnt generate bricks that are buried/can't be seen?

otherwise this is really really really nice

Great, and it shouldn't be generating bricks underneath the ground plane - instead it's supposed to snap them to rest on top. Do bricks still generate underground?

Great, and it shouldn't be generating bricks underneath the ground plane - instead it's supposed to snap them to rest on top. Do bricks still generate underground?
Oh nonono i wasnt talking about terrain generating under the ground plane, im referring to parts of the terrain that can't be seen from the top-
like water bricks that appear under the terrain.

If bricks that can't be seen were removed, it would really help the brickcount.

Oh lol, yeah that's actually how the water bricks are supposed to generate. I'm in the process of fixing that for the next test version.

526,681 bricks

this kicks ass

Haven't gotten the chance to completely test this yet, but the GUIs are very nice. Nice work.

I would love to test your terrain generator.

- pic -
526,681 bricks

this kicks ass
Very cool! Mind if I use it in the topic's OP? Also, I do need a photographer before the final release, let me know if you're interested. :)

Haven't gotten the chance to completely test this yet, but the GUIs are very nice. Nice work.
That's alright, whenever you have time. And thanks

I would love to test your terrain generator.
Sure, I'll add you to the OP list.

Two slots still open for testing!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:43:39 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Very cool! Mind if I use it in the topic's OP? Also, I do need a photographer befire the final release, let me know if you're interested. :)
yeah sure, and i can do that

Now that I have gotten use to using it, it works really well. Great job so far, GSF. It's really awesome.