Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98966 times)

Finally off work, time to play around with this. After a bit I'll probably try hosting a large scale fort wars tomorrow from the Days of Old, I'm excited.

I'd love to test this. Is the terrain public bricks? I'd love to host a infinite terrain freebuild with this.

Edit: Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:13:01 AM by superdupercoolguy »

I'd love to test this. Is the terrain public bricks? I'd love to host a infinite terrain freebuild with this.
It has a setting for doing so.

Instruction video's like 50 minutes long but I just have one question: how can I disable certain types of detail bricks?

Now that I have gotten use to using it, it works really well. Great job so far, GSF. It's really awesome.
Glad to hear :)

May I test as well?
Sure guys, I'll add you. I'm working on the next alpha release for the testers, which will hopefully be out by this coming Wednesday or Thursday. I'll send both the old and new testers the new files once finished.

Also, the amount of testers has been maxed; no more slots are open.

Instruction video's like 50 minutes long but I just have one question: how can I disable certain types of detail bricks?
Right now there's no easy way to deselect details; I was kinda pressed on time to get it out last Sunday. For now, you can clear details by loading one of the clearing presets included in the PM, however the next alpha should have that feature included.

Also, I do need a photographer before the final release, let me know if you're interested. :)
I mean if you're lookin' for some shots I got one from when I was richarding around on Lego's server.

not sure if it properly displays the terrain but it's pretty cool if you ask me

We're gonna get a lot of RPG/MMO servers if you ask me...

I mean if you're lookin' for some shots I got one from when I was richarding around on Lego's server.
- pic -
Not bad either :) I'll include it in the OP if that's alright.

Does anyone know if there's a way to force enable print add-ons? Force enabling large cubes works just fine, but it doesn't seem to work with prints. Also, setting up prints manually after a server is created causes them not to render.

Not bad either :) I'll include it in the OP if that's alright.
Yeah, I posted since you needed some.

Yeah, I posted since you needed some.
Oh okay, thanks

Does anyone know if there's a way to force enable print add-ons? Force enabling large cubes works just fine, but it doesn't seem to work with prints. Also, setting up prints manually after a server is created causes them not to render.
Bump encase anyone can help

Mind sending me the current beta build? Thanks in advance

Can't you use http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=147039.0(forceRequiredAddon) and execute the server.cs? I know they're empty, but using trace(1); yields this:
Loading Add-On: Print_1x2f_Default (CRC:-681811991)
Entering VerifyAddOnScripts(Print_1x2f_Default)
Leaving VerifyAddOnScripts() - return 1
Executing Add-Ons/Print_1x2f_Default/server.cs.
0 datablocks added.
So either it's not something you can see in Torquescript, or executing the server.cs of a print addon loads the prints.
That's all I can tell. Someone else can probably help you more, I've hardly touched making add-ons

We're gonna get a lot of RPG/MMO servers if you ask me...
Oh no, they're going to force you to play there, too!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:35:58 AM by superdupercoolguy »

Oh okay, thanks
Bump encase anyone can help
You can check if they are enabled and if not, just notify the player. Usually forcing add-ons is discouraged either way.