Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98988 times)

I loved your first one, and this one is is looking really good

I can't wait to use it, I already have a lot of ideas for it

this looks absolutely amazing.

When a blockland dev tells you your addon is amazing, you know you did something right.

I loved your first one, and this one is is looking really good

I can't wait to use it, I already have a lot of ideas for it
When a blockland dev tells you your addon is amazing, you know you did something right.
Thanks guys =) I should be finished with just about everything by tomorrow, then all I need to do is finish the video tutorials and fix the remaining issues and I'm done.

Update: I'm currently finishing up the GUIs! The brick icons for the custom bricks included with the add-on are finished, as is the Simplex GUI. The final graphics for the GUIs are also being added; I'm experimenting with different ideas on how the final interface should look, so feedback and ideas are welcome:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:31:27 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

...?

I like the icons, but I think you should have names for each button like you did for "presets"

edit: for the main menu i mean

edit2: You might also want to have the "apply now" button at the bottom right hand side of the main window, therefore leaving "start" at the top.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:34:08 PM by --LegoPepper-- »

...?
entrepreneur in was an original beta tester before BL was released I believe

On topic: the icons look wayyy more useful than all the menu titles, great job

Great job Ghost and awesome GUI :D I'm with LegoPepper that each button should have the name over top, some look a little ambiguous right now.

And can we please get that floating island goodness on this page? It looks simply breathtaking!

I really like how there's a land bridge between two islands.

Nice his ID is like 100s

I like the icons, but I think you should have names for each button like you did for "presets"

edit: for the main menu i mean

edit2: You might also want to have the "apply now" button at the bottom right hand side of the main window, therefore leaving "start" at the top.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The buttons are set up so that at first they appear ambiguous and in greyscale. But, once you hover over them with your mouse, they regain their color and the button title appears, letting you know which window that button will switch to. Also, each button plays a type of animation once clicked, unique to each button. Would that still work? Displaying all the titles all at once just seemed a bit overwhelming.

Also, I replaced the Apply New button with a new one titled Apply & Start, which will upload your settings and immediately start a routine after. The Apply New button now only appears when the small control window is expanded.

Great job Ghost and awesome GUI :D I'm with LegoPepper that each button should have the name over top, some look a little ambiguous right now.

And can we please get that floating island goodness on this page? It looks simply breathtaking!
- pic -
I really like how there's a land bridge between two islands.
Thanks =) And that floating islands pic is actually one of the presets that will be included with the add-ons final release.

I'm working on an option for expanding the GUI windows, which was suggested by Zeblote. At first, I was planning on only including the option for some windows, but I thought it would be best to have the option be universal for all windows for the Complex GUI:

Making progress, but it requires a lot more work than initially thought.

Great work [GSF]Ghost! You are a hero!

Could you imagine a tdm server on rotate with this? Totally randomized maps every single time!

The buttons are set up so that at first they appear ambiguous and in greyscale. But, once you hover over them with your mouse, they regain their color and the button title appears, letting you know which window that button will switch to. Also, each button plays a type of animation once clicked, unique to each button. Would that still work? Displaying all the titles all at once just seemed a bit overwhelming.
The way you did it is perfect.

Why is "resume" above "halt"?