Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 294707 times)

Didnt RTB stretch the server menu to fit the server preview to the right side?
And if not, could that be a viable option to replace the "Preview" button?
No, it didn't have a server preview at all. It had a pop-up window that just contained information, like player list, add-on list, and map.

I would love a feature to view server list from the main glass screen so I can look without quitting my current server.
http://swololol.com/rd?f=Script_ServerSwitch

So I am going to try once more to use Blockland Glass. Do I need to first delete my RTB installation before installing Glass?

nope, though the preferences that glass comes with makes RTB obsolete. There are a few bugs though with prefs if your server has both glass and prefs - the prefs will be registered on the glass support preferences only, since it overrides RTB's register prefs function.

So I am going to try once more to use Blockland Glass. Do I need to first delete my RTB installation before installing Glass?
They will work together but there isn't really a point to having rtb installed anymore, it'll just increase game launch time. You can do everything you could on rtb and more with Glass.

if i delete rtb before installing glass, will my prefs from rtb still transfer over to glass? i'm just trying to figure out how to preserve my prefs.

if i delete rtb before installing glass, will my prefs from rtb still transfer over to glass? i'm just trying to figure out how to preserve my prefs.
yes they will transfer over - prefs are saved in config/server/prefs.cs. if the mod itself does not save prefs properly (eg resets pref values to default prefs when the server is started), switching from glass to rtb or vice versa wont fix or break anything

add-on's stat page
who the heck is on 0.0.0 lmao
and why are there so many people on 3.2.1

Blockland randomly crashes when I chat into discussion, I've tried looking into console and didn't spit out any results. (This seems to be rare)
I did have this issue when I made that BLChat long ago and was not able to figure out the cause other than believing that TCP objects will break themselves.

who the heck is on 0.0.0 lmao
and why are there so many people on 3.2.1
I had to manually update from 3.2.1, I'm guessing there was an update issue?

For some reason, I feel like having all of those icons (aren't they over 3,000? Not even piber's Chat Emotes have that many.) really makes the Add-On unnecessarily big (and on an unrelated note, the aforementioned Add-On adding a lot of files to download textures for [or I could just be wrong on that]). Case in point, can't you make a compressed version of Glass? I think about 100-150 icons would be fine.

Just released v4.0.1 featuring a bunch of bug fixes.

Fixes:
  • Rewrote 'Auto Join' setting (it actually works now)
  • Fixed LoadingGui refocus
  • Fixed JoinServerGui's button profile
  • Changed JoinServerGui loading process to interfere with other add-ons less
  • Fixed console spam from settings
  • Fixed jpg screenshot thumbnails not loading in mod manager
  • Fixed escape key in server preview
  • Fixed stale information in loading gui
  • Changed "in the menus" to "at the main menu"
  • Mod Manager navigation fix
  • Removed console spam

Additions:
  • Nationality flag now displayed on user window
  • You can now share your location with anyone, not just friends
  • Pressing X on the LoadingGui will hide the userlist/preview
  • Added popup when "@" mentioning an away/busy user

For some reason, I feel like having all of those icons (aren't they over 3,000? Not even piber's Chat Emotes have that many.) really makes the Add-On unnecessarily big (and on an unrelated note, the aforementioned Add-On adding a lot of files to download textures for [or I could just be wrong on that]). Case in point, can't you make a compressed version of Glass? I think about 100-150 icons would be fine.
The icons are used for both chat and for the add-on itself. I don't consider 3MB unnecessarily large.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:10:11 AM by Scout31 »

As soon as you add upstream repos (or do what BLR does and not replace my version file), I'll upload all of my add-ons.

Nationality flag now displayed on user window

Option to hide please.

When are you going to implement that "Development" chatroom I suggested?