Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 296138 times)

It updated and reset my settings
I dont have any other type of stuff that could reset them
My Blockland settings completely reset now and then for no apparent reason. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

Any ETA on the new website?

speaking of the new website why do you need a trending section for add-ons
its a add-on hosting website not twitter

also just found some grammar errors on the first page
"Right now, there's 34 Blockland servers onlines..."
bold means add and strikethrough means remove

also also "Glass has 253 active users, accumulating a total of 15000 downloads." should be "Glass has 253 active users, and has accumulated a total of 15000 downloads." because active users and the amount of downloads don't have any relation at all and splitting them up with a "and has" makes the sentence seem to contain two different ideas that are unrelated

other than those three quips of mine the site looks fantastic

also where did you get your version of bootstrap? as a website developer myself i like to track down sites that distribute bootstrap because the more styles you know of the better
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:32:37 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

Okay. It seems that when I downloaded a mod from via in-game, my entire list of selected add-ons on Custom resets and deselects all the ones I had and selects every other add-on on top. Glitch??

orbs is going to be kill soon so an influx of people may be switching to glass.
also the font on that test site seems a bit too sharp, something a bit more bold would be nice imo

I can't even login on the prototype site because it says my BLID is invalid.

Sorry that I've been quiet for a while, I've been rather busy. I've been making about a commit a week on Glass 2 and the new site and we're approaching the point where I'm going to freeze the old site. The transfer over will be tricky.. I want to be able to essentially live test the new site along side the new client, however if I keep the old site active in that time, one or the other will get stale data. There's no point in trying to make them keep pace with each other, that'll be more trouble than it's worth. There may be a week or so where developers won't be able to push out updates to their add-ons.

I can't even login on the prototype site because it says my BLID is invalid.
The prototype site has stale data, only accounts from 3 months ago are available. As I said above, there'll be a bit of a transition.

Trending add-ons are the equivalent to RTB's old ModBot weekly add-on rankings; things with lots of downloads get attention. Thanks for pointing out the grammar mistakes, all the text there is just filler stuff for now, I was meaning to take another pass.

When the new site enters an opening testing phase, I'll post in General Discussion as that's generally where development topics are supposed to be posted now, and I'd like to keep this one about the live version only. I'll also release an update to Glass that will 1) default everyone to the stable branch of Glass 1.1, and 2) give a prompt with a disclaimer to move over to the dev version. Glass 2 seems to be a lot more stable and clean than Glass 1, but there's certainly going to be bugs found and things that people want changed.

Awesome, its always great to see progress!

Yeah the fact that the test site is so stagnant is mostly my fault.  I stopped working on it halfway through changing a bunch of things and I haven't found time to work on the site in the last few months.  I don't know when I'll be able to work on it again since I am pretty busy right now, but in the worst case I'll have time during the summer once the semester is over.

And consequentially I stopped working on it as a lot of the half-done changes were needed to move forward and I didn't want to step in. I've somewhat changed philosophies and have decided to just keep pushing through. There may be some inconsistencies with the backend of the site, but at this point I just want to push it forward and refine it on another pass. The end result should be the same, however.

to be honest, the old site is better and more easier to navigate than modern one. But you should mix them together so it has cool modern style with old style navigation (Like RTB). Oh, don't forget forums. Didn't RTB have its own forums?

Awesome to hear some progress.

i am very confused, i can't dl this either

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'll give it a look when I have a chance.

I've locked uploads and updates on the old site and I've copied over all add-ons and users. I'm working through re-approving all the add-ons and recategorizing everything. Just some notable changes:

• We've done away with branches. We'll only be supporting a single branch, however we'll be implementing a "beta" system, similar to steam betas
  • The board system has been changed. We now have fewer, broader boards; however, tags are (or will be) now very important for specific categorization
  • All updates and uploads must now be approved before they're available to the public. We'll be taking another look at moderators and reviewers

The new site is still very much work in progress and not fleshed out. Uploads and updates should work; you'll be able to provide updates still, but new add-ons won't be visible until the new client is released. Thankfully, a lot of the underlying work is done, all we need to do is flesh it out and work on accessibility.