Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291213 times)

could you include uploading private addons to 4.2?

why tho

If an add-on is good enough to work and be distributed between friends it should be public.

The intention of private add-ons, at least in RTB's case, was for testing. Like a closed beta or something.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:06:15 AM by ZeÜberMedic! »

I'll take a look and see if we can include it in the next update. Would need to do a big review to ensure that there's no back-door way to access the "private" add-ons. Trying to get 4.2 out soon, just bogged down with DDoS issues on Glass Hosting and the beginning of the semester.

just bogged down with DDoS issues on Glass Hosting.
any details on how this is going?

any details on how this is going?
p sure the discussion is primarily in the glass hosting topic in gen disc, since technically the two services (bl glass and glass hosting) are not linked in any way other than name and developer.

I'd like to voice out some suggestions, from someone with a HUGE add-on folder. I'd love to see some add-on presets, and more elaborated file management too, maybe also with some groups and folder options? I hope this it'l at least be possible.

I'd like to voice out some suggestions, from someone with a HUGE add-on folder. I'd love to see some add-on presets, and more elaborated file management too, maybe also with some groups and folder options? I hope this it'l at least be possible.

this is pretty much what gamemodes are for, you should check out this guide to create your own

If I had a choice to use presets or gamemodes. I'd pick presets every single time.

https://mega.nz/#!wlkool kids klubQDa!bzqq-0vN_ZmhI-7D8Saarr9rY0fHMzH7Lh1_LeAy2RM

There's an Add-On presets Add-On.

Development Update

The Creators Update is still underway, despite a slight slowdown recently. I've been busy with the beginning of a new semester and a new job, so I'm making sure that the time I have for Glass is quality time so that everything is given the attention it needs and doesn't come out rushed. I've implemented a logging system for Glass as well as a system that archives previous console.log files. I'll need to implement some settings with how many of these are kept as it's indefinite right now, but the functionality is there.

I have started implementing add-on groups, allowing users to create groups that can be enabled/disabled all together. For the time being, this is a purely client-sided feature meaning you won't see groupings on the mod manager, but that may come about in another update.

The time I have had recently has been divided between Glass Hosting and Glass. With the DDoS issues, I've been looking in to a new host, but there's been a few barriers and my limited time-frame hasn't been helped. I'm hoping to get the creators update out soon so that we can move forward with our plans for Glass 5.