[BLC] Blockland Classics - Block Wars 10th Anniversary!

Author Topic: [BLC] Blockland Classics - Block Wars 10th Anniversary!  (Read 119401 times)

Official Clan Site

Official Productions

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Block Wars: Episode IVS - The Battle of Hoth

Vader's super pissed about losing an entire space station to, like, five people...

Encounter

A Meal to Die For

Weak day

Block Wars: The Admin Awakens

Holiday

A Short Clan History

Formerly, I was put in charge of Darkstar's now defunct but highly popular film making clan, BEE (Block Eye Entertainment). Myself and others were having talks about the idea of rebooting the clan to its former glory, even so far as to ask Dark himself about the idea (though he did give me to go ahead). However, we realized we needed something different than just bringing BEE back from the dead. We needed a handle for this new generation of videos being produced by the old generation of videomakers.

Blockland Classics was born during a conversation we were having on the set of Block Wars. While talking about how many of the old Blockland machinimas (including the original Block Wars) were an influence to many new players having actually bought the game in the first place, we realized that the art of video making in Blockland was now sorely lacking. Blockland is one of our favorite sandbox games and it can allow for some serious creativity, as such we agreed someone should bring about a renaissance of the craft to inspire those like we were then to create. We decided we needed to return to the "classics."

Who are we?

We are filmmakers and artists, builders and designers, eventers and modders. We acknowledge Blockland's limitations and we view them as a challenge to still make something great despite its age. Blockland has soul and edge and is retro in its own right. We realize that there are kids just as young as we once were now embarking to be the next genration of players of this game, and we want to encourage them to produce quality art if they want to, and we're going to show them that it's possible, even in a game that's 10 years old.

Members

Note: Right now I'm only 100% positive of one member joining us for sure, if you were there in the conversation we had on the Block Wars set and do in fact want to join the clan, all you have to do is contact me and I'll add your name. Also I'm extending that to any and all former BEE members, you can join without an application process, simply message me with proof you were once apart of BEE and you're in.

Members

Swholli
The Lawyer
Filipe
Tonce
LegoPepper
Flubbman
Teneksi
{L}
c[_]
Nicepoint
Drydess
Alphadin
Camel
Vitawrap
Bass
Dragonoid.Slayer
Mr. Lol
Ducky duck
DerpDerp (AKA -Falco-)
#Jeetlor
MunkeyCheez
Alternative
Whirlwind~
Electrk.
Veetoo (aka General Blockster)
Bester Bageler
Block Aloni
Kidalex90
TeeOS
Magus
CowboyDude (AKA JJJMan4)
Duracell (AKA Doctor Disco)

Blacklist/banned

National Rail
MATT VORN

Projects

None

Application Process

To apply to BLC (note, the tags are not necessary) you must be able to exceed in at least one of the following areas:

Building
Eventing
Acting (as in following instructions on how to move and animate your player)
Modding
Voice Acting

In order to apply, simply fill out this this small form in a post here in the topic that is formatted as such:

[Blockland Name and ID]
   [Position(s) your applying for]
   [Reasons why you are capable]
   [Examples of your work in the area (urls, images, gallery posts, etc)]
   [Your BLCForums Username so I can approve you against the spambots]

Also remember, just because we are BLClassic, doesn't mean you need to be a "classic" player. All we'll judge you on is content you provide us as an example, not how high your ID is. All members are encouraged to view your application and cast a vote, if your application receives a majority vote, you'll be invited into the steam group where we can update you on events and other things.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:45:32 AM by Swholli »

IGN: Nicepoint
Bl_ID: 25816

Positions: Builder/actor(background/side actor)

Why am I capable: I don't have massive amounts of free time, but the time I do have, I can use for building. In acting I am capable of performing detailed actions, but I cannot be around too often so background actor is a good slot.

I will send pictures of my work later.

Very excited. Will PM application

Who are we?

We are filmmakers and artists, builders and designers, eventers and modders. We acknowledge Blockland's limitations and we view them as a challenge to still make something great despite its age. Blockland has soul and edge and is retro in its own right. We realize that there are kids just as young as we once were now embarking to be the next genration of players of this game, and we want to encourage them to produce quality art if they want to, and we're going to show them that it's possible, even in a game that's 10 years old.
Reading this gave me goosebumps.
I am so hyped already.

[Blockland Name and ID] 29131
  [Position(s) your applying for] Builder, Eventer, Scripter(To a small extent), Video Editor, some Graphics.
  [Reasons why you are capable] I have always wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself. And especially something that will thrive to make something better, by going to the limits, and stretching boundaries. I hope that this is that something that I always want to be a part of. Although I do not have a lot of film making experience, my brother has quite a bit, so I can help with videos through... probably everything. I am an extraordinary eventer, a decent builder, and a below decent scripter. if there is anything I cannot provide myself, I will contact somebody to help me get what you need done.
   [Examples of your work in the area (urls, images, gallery posts, etc)]
My deathrun: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273615.0
I am the head of Halloweenfest, although I did not build much at all. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=285925.0
A stuffty trailer I made a long time ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PUlnIaYKh4
Eiffel tower: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=285843.0
Some Addons:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=282333.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=283293.0

name: Bass
id: 21078

Position: Actor/ Voice actor
  Reason: Helped you with blockwars
   Example: played as Darth Vader, storm trooper #2 and a jawa in blockwars
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:56:38 PM by Bass »

Name: Alphadin
ID: 7458
Position: Modding
Reasons: I used to be in BEE shortly before shutdown, and was in another filming clan shortly after. I have worked with several people on small mods that tweak an aspect greatly needed to improve a server. It's not the first time I'll make some misc works for a particular part, and I hope it's not the last.
Examples:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:05:36 PM by Alphadin »

Name and ID: VitaWrap, BL_ID 47621

Position: Building/Eventing/Actor/(movie editor maybe because my greenscreen support is better :^) )

Reason: I host 2 youtube channels and make blockland videos on them entirely by myself, the only help i get is the actors which are most likely my friends.  I tend to keep a good camera work on these, i also do some graphic design.

Examples: My Main channel
My Collab channel featuring Kenko
My secondary Channel

Name: Filipe1020
ID: 21933 (In-Game ID)
Position: Acting, Video Editing, Modelling
Reasons: I've been making Blockland videos for 6 years, it's been a passion for me and sadly it has been hard to be creating new and exciting videos lately, but I want to change that situation and I would love to work with a clan that is also looking forward to create new videos and make Blockland great again in the filmmaking aspect, I would love to help in anyway I can, by editing, providing ideas, models, acting, and other ways to make a new project to happen.
Examples: My Youtube Channel
My Add-Ons Development Topic (Of course I could model things other than vehicles)

I updated the OP with the accepted applications.

Nicepoint didn't make only because there weren't any examples ever given lol.

Next time around when I get to accepting members if you want to send me those pictures I'll give you a second chance (no hard feelings).

Yeh, sry got loadsa schoolwork and cant use BL. Ill see next week...

Name: Mr.LoL
BL_ID: 3306
Position: Acting, bit of video editing
Reasons: Acted a long time ago in very old videos with Antares (Twix) then started making my own videos for some years then recently been a bit lazy to make quality videos. Still working on concepts. I also worked with Filipe numerous times in some videos by mostly acting and even collaborate with him sometimes. I'm mostly good in acting, can act anything and understand any order given.
Examples: My channel, and some videos with Filipe

Maybe this is a good time for me to get back in the game :)

Name: Flubbman
BL_ID: 11764
Position: Editing, acting, maybe voice acting, limited modding, limited building
Reasons: I still like making videos, as I have a bunch of unfinished projects that I work on from time to time. The problem is that I have a hard time finishing them because I'm too busy with other things and I'm bad at coming up with endings, and not having any time to really sit down and come up with them doesn't really help either. I feel like being in a crew might help me with motivation, so why not?
Examples: My channel
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Flubbman/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:08:12 PM by Flubbman »

-snip-

-snip-

Oh stuff, all these cool guys applying.

Before you know it, Darkstar's gonna get wind of this and come out of retirement too.

Then my grand Resurrection plan will have been a success.

I hope this goes well.

I am not talented enough as an eventer to be in the crew.

What is your steam? I will search for you.