Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142777 times)

The problem isn't vista, the problem is that blockland is broken. But badspot doesn't seem to care, or would be posting here.
fair enough, if other people on other versions are having this problem too then vista isnt the problem

fair enough, if other people on other versions are having this problem too then vista isnt the problem
wow it's almost like we all knew this in november

The problem isn't vista, the problem is that blockland is broken. But badspot doesn't seem to care, or would be posting here.
don't be so aggressive in your accusations: the fact that he released minor bug patches recently means he has been looking into the issue and in the process, identified other bugs that he could quickly fix.

nevertheless i think it is a fact that he's not really focused on BL development anymore, or at least isn't very interested in it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:13:58 AM by Conan »

He said that about a year ago. Someone else should at least should have the source then (doubt this will happen)

don't be so aggressive in your accusations: the fact that he released minor bug patches recently means he has been looking into the issue and in the process, identified other bugs that he could quickly fix.

nevertheless i think it is a fact that he's not really focused on BL development anymore, or at least isn't very interested in it.
wow it's almost like we all knew this in 2014

I keep crashing with this error after hosting for a while:

Get Zeblotes exe and avoid the launcher with a batch file (I don't know the command at the moment), it stops the crashing

Badspot pls fix

I keep crashing with this error after hosting for a while:

I had a similar case on non-steam. It eventually went away, but only after hours of file searching and pure torture.

is there something i'm supposed to do to make zeblote's fix actually fix anything

is there something i'm supposed to do to make zeblote's fix actually fix anything
if you save that piece of code to config/main.cs, it should just start everytime you start the game, regardless of it being dedicated or not

falling platforms has been running the workaround on 84, has yet to crash (i doubt it will at this point)

regarding zeblote' fix, battlemix has been up for days now without any sort of crash. it works. badspot put it in the game for everybody's sake please

if you save that piece of code to config/main.cs, it should just start everytime you start the game, regardless of it being dedicated or not
It's not that, it's the exe, people complain because they forget that the launcher replaces EVERY default file, such as Blockland.exe so they have to avoid it using the launcher. I can give a simple batch file command but I'm unsure if I should post the code that avoids the launcher. The exe is the crashing fix, the piece of code is what fixes people from getting froze when loading.

I only use the launcher if Blockland updates.

oh right that blockland executable, woops

also some specific users are getting random disconnects with numbers 0-110 as reasons, i don't know if this is related but it only just now appeared this afternoon.
i suspected some client-sided addon is causing issues, but nothing appears to be out of the ordinary (kalphiter is one constant victim, unfortunately he's loving stupid and isn't giving any helpful information)
these disconnects appear like regular quitting in my console.log, idk. nothing in my gamemode code warrants kicking like that and nothing i use can be exploited.

server's been running on 84 with the workaround for 3 days, 1 hour.

oh right that blockland executable, woops

also some specific users are getting random disconnects with numbers 0-110 as reasons, i don't know if this is related but it only just now appeared this afternoon.
i suspected some client-sided addon is causing issues, but nothing appears to be out of the ordinary (kalphiter is one constant victim, unfortunately he's loving stupid and isn't giving any helpful information)
these disconnects appear like regular quitting in my console.log, idk. nothing in my gamemode code warrants kicking like that and nothing i use can be exploited.

server's been running on 84 with the workaround for 3 days, 1 hour.
Connecting to "TheBlackParrot's Falling Platforms" (97.97.236.173:27016, 140ms)
  Download Sounds:      True
  Download Music:       True
  Download Textures:    True

Sending challenge request...
Sending Connect challenge Request
Got connect challenge response from 97.97.236.173:27016
Sending connect request
Connection established
Connected successfully, killing other pending connections
*** New Mission
*** Phase 1: Download Datablocks & Targets
Steam Lobby Created: 109775242656313881
Steam Lobby Joined: 109775242656313881
lobby enter torquescript callback, yourlobby: 1
  this is our lobby
  have a server connection!
Received manifest and requested 2232 blobs. (1297 duplicates removed)
Loaded -6 blobs from cache
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL'
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
 - Request was for ''
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 22, 'HTTP response code said error', HTTP error 403
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/9b100fcadd81d6dd3aa20d2182ca6442f7b43cb1.bz2'
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 22, 'HTTP response code said error', HTTP error 403
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/9e6fb3da0d483e240cf9b17eed7bf1babd39a7ec.bz2'
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/a55a7d55cedd010a5b31ee9f218bfc612bf719fe.bz2'
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/c2a6799960ca8e0aee845614c188eeb9854dffb3.bz2'
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/c7d0c52ce85e0fc89719a2ec775ba9eee11edc1c.bz2'
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/e94784f91b43c9730a93a3bcd8e2d91a73c4d1e5.bz2'
 - Request was for 'http://cloud.blockland.us/blobs/ed868e7b8ba4f30d070878aaa38a9230f46ce7b5.bz2'
CDN Download finished
Connection with server lost.
Leaving Steam Lobby: 109775242656313881
Issuing Disconnect packet.

That's weird, I haven't had this issue, or at least no one has complained about it yet