I Smoked a Cigerette.

Poll

Is My friend being a pussy?

Yes
48 (27.3%)
No
128 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: I Smoked a Cigerette.  (Read 13710 times)

I hope he listens to himself and what feels right than we, simple little plastic men on a burmese basket weaving forum
I didn't think you were capable of such a perfect and true thought. Well said man. Seriously.

I don't understand why our collective opinion about his decision matters so much to him.

What have you told me that every smoking commercial hasn't?

I enjoy it because it tastes good to me, and it helps me focus when paired with coffee and think clearly. I'm not going to argue there are any benefits, I do it because I like it.

Oh wait a minute I don't smoke cigs every day?
I never even claimed that you smoked a couple cigarettes a day I just pointed out how smoking even a couple a day can have negative affects on your health
Wow you guys are rlly making me feel bad, I loving smoke 1 Cigarette and I am going to die, I have a 90 yearold aunt who smokes more than 1 a day and she's doing fine, But I smoke 1 and I'm the worst "sinner" on earth.
Horrible argument
I never knew this forum was so... mad at this topic. I mean, do what feels right, dude.
I'm not mad. You can do whatever the forget you want to. I (and a lot of other people) think cigarettes are nasty. They smell disgusting, they leave a disgusting scent, they have a negative impact on your life and those around you. You can't justify smoking cigarettes other than "I like it"

When you make a topic titled "I smoked a cigarette" you're setting yourself up for constructive criticism

Is one gonna kill you? Probably not but you paid a dollar to smoke one which makes you dumb anyways

You make me sound like I regret it, I don't regret it because I know how it tastes/feels now, But noe I also know the health risks, I had already planned on not doing it again, I'm just trying to get this loving taste out of my mouth
wait wha
there's no point in trying one if you know you aren't gonna do it ever again, and it doesn't take smoking to know the health risks of smoking (if thats what you're saying)

I hope he listens to himself and what feels right than we, simple little plastic men on a burmese basket weaving forum
uh

Ya, man who pays a dollar for a cigarette, come on

But, Slayer, I also believe if you're inclined to not like them then you will also take in every aspect of them negatively, to me, the scent isn't that bad. And they just taste kinda good, you can't say my opinion is false, nor am I addicted, I don't commonly smoke cigarettes but you need to assert less and let people live liberally.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:55:31 PM by Neventii »

uh
How does it not makes sense. He's saying that our opinions shouldn't matter to flammin and that he should do what's right by his own conscience.

How does it not makes sense. He's saying that our opinions shouldn't matter to flammin and that he should do what's right by his own conscience.
What doesn't make sense is the second half of the sentence.

I smoked a single puff of a cig about a year ago before out of sheer curiosity. It tasted like stuff and since it was a menthol, I had a mint taste it my mouth and it was blegh. I never did it again, but I did it just so I knew what it was like, and it was horrible.

I don't blame op for trying out of curiosity, but don't continue to do it at all

it was the "little plastic men on a burmese basket weaving forum" that confused me

wait wha
there's no point in trying one if you know you aren't gonna do it ever again, and it doesn't take smoking to know the health risks of smoking (if thats what you're saying)
 uh
I just wanted to know for myself they tasted nasty, And you have all well informed me of the health risks, I knew it was dangerous, but the fuxking way yaw are discribong it is if I was to live to be 115 and I smoke and I smoked 20 cigarettes, I would die some time this year...

This was the first cigarette I've had since my birthday. I like how you play psycologist and try to brown townyze my condition when you know nothing about me.
I'm less directed at you in particular and rather all smokers. You just happen to be the guy fighting for the other side, so I am quoting you.

It's also not pseudo-science that I'm spewing. Addiction to nicotine/caffeine works that way. Caffeine at least doesn't come in a cancerous format, and does heighten energy. Nicotine is just a dangerous lie you feed to your brain and poison your body with.

Ya, man who pays a dollar for a cigarette, come on

But, Slayer, I also believe if you're inclined to not like them then you will also take in every aspect of them negatively, to me, the scent isn't that bad. And they just taste kinda good, you can't say my opinion is false, nor am I addicted, I don't commonly smoke cigarettes but you need to assert less and let people live liberally.
When it affects me, I take offense

it rllt shouldnt, I don't regret it as I have said, because now I know I don't like them.

What doesn't make sense is the second half of the sentence.
I'm saying we shouldn't judge people as hard as we are right now. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean everyone needs to stop doing it as well. We all recognize the risks here.

I'm less directed at you in particular and rather all smokers. You just happen to be the guy fighting for the other side, so I am quoting you.

It's also not pseudo-science that I'm spewing. Addiction to nicotine/caffeine works that way. Caffeine at least doesn't come in a cancerous format, and does heighten energy. Nicotine is just a dangerous lie you feed to your brain and poison your body with.
I would agree with you but I don't smoke cigarettes frequently enough to be addicted. However, I might be addicted to stimulants in general.

When it affects me, I take offense
I always stomp them and never blow around people. I think you'll be fine sweety.