Author Topic: RPGs Extended (RPGx) - Wiki Updated  (Read 37661 times)

Hey, I noticed the server updated to V0.4.0. What's new?
Just a minor update - I added support for the trench coat item: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=308225.0

Is there some way that I can make any brick a storage through events like with the older version? Or am I stuck with the default bricks for the addon?
Same, I was wondering why we couldn't have an event to make other bricks storage bricks. Or am I just clueless and did not realize that there's already an event for this?
There's no event to make any brick a storage brick as of yet; you can only use the bricks included with the add-on. It's somewhat complicated to include that feature (due to how the storage system works now), but I can try to re-implement it in the next update.

Has anyone used this mod yet? I'd like to see it happen but I don't have the time to set it up

Has anyone used this mod yet? I'd like to see it happen but I don't have the time to set it up
There were at least two servers using it. One is Spartan224's Zombie Apocalypse RP (https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=308891.0) - not sure if he's still hosting it though.

Btw, does anyone think the mod needs to be simplified at all, or is it fine as it is? I wanted to add as many features as possible, but feel like it's slightly overcomplicated. There are a few aspects I can remove or combine, such as merging crafting to only use one table.

Btw, does anyone think the mod needs to be simplified at all, or is it fine as it is? I wanted to add as many features as possible, but feel like it's slightly overcomplicated. There are a few aspects I can remove or combine, such as merging crafting to only use one table.
After reading the OP, it sounds pretty complicated to use all the features. I think simplifying as much as possible would help.

There were at least two servers using it. One is Spartan224's Zombie Apocalypse RP (https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=308891.0)
I remember joining that servers and thinking it was just a role-play server with people using weird chat mods. I don't remember there being mining, crafting, hunger, or things from this mod.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:12:39 PM by Farad »

After reading the OP, it sounds pretty complicated to use all the features. I think simplifying as much as possible would help.
I'll see what I can do; so far I'm planning on merging the general and item crafting tables, and removing most of the mold items. I also would like to make a video soon, which will overview / demonstrate how to use most of the features.

Update: The wiki tutorial has been updated and is basically finished: http://rpgx.wikia.com/wiki/RPGx_Wikia

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:21:27 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Sorry for the long wait, but the Beta update has finally been released! A list of changes / new features are listed below; you can download the update in the second post of the first page. Enjoy!
The ALICE pack backpack has been added, as per request.

Personal Crafting Windows
You can now toggle 4 different crafting windows that can be accessed simply by bringing up the inventory GUI. This way, you can craft items in your GUI without having to use a crafting table. The 4 different options include: a a 1x3 grid (for escapist gamemodes), 2x2 grid, a 3x3 grid and none. Recipes for these windows are exactly the same for the general crafting table, and are based on the top-right position of the 3x3 grid.
Yay! Thanks for ALICE! Although, as a side note, you may want to increase the amount of load it can carry. I have a size Medium IRL and it can carry a ridiculous amount of stuff.

Just to make sure, the recipes can be made formless, right?

Yay! Thanks for ALICE! Although, as a side note, you may want to increase the amount of load it can carry. I have a size Medium IRL and it can carry a ridiculous amount of stuff.

Just to make sure, the recipes can be made formless, right?
Sure =) And I can expand the ALICE Pack's inventory size; the inventories for the other backpacks might be increased as well.

Right, recipes can be made either shaped or shapeless / formless - there's an option for formless recipes that can be selected when setting up new recipes.

Thanks, but could you also add a desert tan ALICE variant? I kinda want to use it in Afghanistan...

Sure, adding another ALICE variant would be quite easy.

Is it possible to make your own storage items / bricks in an add-on outside of the main thing?

It is possible, but slightly complicated; it would basically involve creating your own inventory GUIs and making sure other players who join your server have them downloaded as well.

In terms of storage bricks, I'm hoping to add a new event in the next update which will allow you to use any brick for storage and customize the inventory size.

It is possible, but slightly complicated; it would basically involve creating your own inventory GUIs and making sure other players who join your server have them downloaded as well.

Got it.

Update: More progress has been made for the final release:

• Wood Harvesting - You can gather wood items from various tree bricks by using the axe (the tool's efficiency affects the amount of items the brick will drop).
  • Gardening - For obtaining fruit and vegetable items already included in RPGx.
    • Various plants can be planted by using seed items - which you can get by placing fruit and vegetable items into the crafting table.
    • You can check a plant's "stats" by activating it (to check if it's been watered and it's current growth phase)
    • Plants must be watered during each growth "tick" - if you over or under water a plant, it will change color and may die in the next tick.
    • Crops can be harvested either with the shears or with the spade (for root vegetables).
    • Dirt bricks and fertilizer / organic matter may be added later.
  • Brick Plant Cost - You can choose to enable a brick plant cost and destruction rebate ("stud items" are used as the currency, with the price either being relative to a brick's size or based on a fixed cost).
  • Recipe Guide Book - A recipe book has been added which will allow all players to see the recipes you set up for the server (recipes are only downloaded the first time the book is opened or the next time the book is opened after recipes are updated).
  • Revised Mining - The various mine bricks have been reduced to a single block - to help minimize the number of datablocks. The mine brick model has also been updated, and ore / gems will generate in veins.
  • New Events - Events have been added to modify a player's hunger and thirst levels (included by request).
  • Simplified Third Party Support - Third Party functions for use by other add-ons has been greatly simplified.
  • Simplified Item Settings Management - Some of the customizable options for items have been removed.
  • Removed Unneeded Items & Bricks - Mold items, the large furnace, the campfire brick, material items (now replaced by ingots), and the item crafting table have all been removed (general crafting is still present).
  • Various Fixes & Improvements
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:28:08 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

For the autosaving feature, does it automatically save the inventories of all the players, hotbar included, or do we need player persistence enabled for the hotbar to be saved?