Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 56235 times)

I've decided to go with larger VPS nodes starting in January. There'll be an easy node-transfer utility to help move all of your stuff seamlessly. I'll have more information as that approaches.

us3 has been up-sized and will require clients to input their keys again
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:49:39 PM by Scout31 »

All of Glass will be offline starting at 10pm EST tomorrow (December 12) for maintenance. Maintenance will take 1-2 hours maximum and will impact the website, API (aka mod manager and server previews), live, and the hosting website/control panel. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Glass Hosting servers will remain online but will be inaccessible via the control panel until everything is back online.

Cool and good I will enjoy using the new features

Today is two months since the service launched. We currently have 14 servers and we have had a total of 15 clients. I'd like to thank the clients and the community for your trust in this service and its financing. The surplus revenue from the service is going directly in to paying the bills for the rest of Glass, guaranteeing its continued support and development.

After we release the next Glass update (by January), I'm going to shift my focus back to developing the hosting service. I plan to integrate Stripe better with the system and expand upon the individual payments system that is necessary for Bitcoin transactions. I've been keeping track of suggestions and requests I've gotten from clients and plan to implement many of them, as well as adjust some of the aesthetics of the site and continue to round it out.

edit:
Updated OP
Clients

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:52:31 PM by Scout31 »

Something that would be cool: compatibility with admin chat add-on (being able to see admin chat messages from control panel), and possibility to send messages from the control panel as "console" (with the simple /ac (text) command)
Not important suggestion, would just be perfect for moderation

oh and time tags on chat logs pls
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:35:37 AM by MrLoL² »

I got a notification about a hardware failure on one of the nodes. I'm currently on my phone so I can't check which one, but everything has apparently been returned to the state it was in before the failure according to the provider. If there are any remaining issues, please open a ticket.

It'd be great if pay-pal was in there

us7 is currently experiencing a hardware failure.

I'd like to reiterate that hardware failures are out of our control and are the responsibility of our upstream provider. As it stands, I'm becoming increasingly dissatisfied as these failures seem to be occurring frequently. If issues continue, I'll be looking in to finding a new hosting provider, or at the least implementing more fail-safes in to the hosting framework and providing compensation for lost time.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

edit: the issue has been resolved as of 9:33 PM est. I've restarted the instances and the Blockland servers will need to be started again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:33:42 PM by Scout31 »

Who is your current hosting provider?

i cant seem to connect to my control panel

its just stuck on connecting

clicking the buttons do nothing

must have been a temp thing

-nvm I'll pm it-

Is this still alive. And if so was the projectile lag issue solved? Im looking into buying a server if it was.

Is this still alive. And if so was the projectile lag issue solved? Im looking into buying a server if it was.
It's very alive and works fine, the servers run fine there isn't any "projectile lag" unless you're bad at coding.

It's very alive and works fine, the servers run fine there isn't any "projectile lag" unless you're bad at coding.
I remember there being a dogfight hosted by glass and it lagged whenever a projectile spawned, but ok, I will look into using this. Thanks.