my parents bought me a book and I am insulted

Author Topic: my parents bought me a book and I am insulted  (Read 13161 times)

Guess what a trait of this book's target audience tends to be?

Misinterpreting a book title and then getting pissed off?

Considering the video game background on the book cover accompanied by the phrase 'get a life' its really hard to get offended by it unless you have some sort of video game phobia or aversion to the word 'life'

People wish their parents cared enough to buy them something that'll help them get on with life.

stuff if I had aspergers i'd be more than happy to read the book, knowing that it could help me and my parents cared enough to take the time out of their day to buy it for me.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:58:28 PM by Silleb² »

OP and 50% of people in here are easily offended/autistic, case closed

i get that this thread has gone to the stuffter but you should know that this was probably a gesture by your parents they didnt fully understand. i recommend if you dont want them to do this again dont let them assume things on your life. talk to your mom and dad more and bond with them. thats an issue ive always had with me and my mom and i feel like our relationship is worth because of it.

sounds like your parents dont understand you. been there, done that.

i have aspergers and i dont think i'd need this book either.

i get that this thread has gone to the stuffter but you should know that this was probably a gesture by your parents they didnt fully understand. i recommend if you dont want them to do this again dont let them assume things on your life. talk to your mom and dad more and bond with them. thats an issue ive always had with me and my mom and i feel like our relationship is worth because of it.
good advice ^

what the forget is even this thread anymore?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:09:20 PM by cooolguy32 »

we all have room for improvement

isn't changing and improving two different definitions though

but if you actually have aspergers, maybe you're misconstruing the reasoning of your parents buying you the book.

you might need it more than you think

Jesus christ the loving book title lmao

Honestly, the fact that you're "insulted" that your parents care for you by buying a nice little book is just down right loving rude.