Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 131331 times)

Norum turns to Rog and says simply, "A little diplomacy doesn't hurt. Plus, they have our car, so unless you planned to walk back through contested gang territory without a firearm to speak of, you'd be in for something else."

Rog rolls his eyes.
"I mean why is he getting us to do this? Manpower clearly isn't an issue for him."

Rog rolls his eyes.
"I mean why is he getting us to do this? Manpower clearly isn't an issue for him."
"Lower risk."
Norum stops to adjust himself, folding his right leg over his left.
"Anglers are buddy-buddy with the Redbands, and we're not too far from Serpente's area of operation. Those Vipers and Reds don't get along.  We're just nobodies who have little affiliation.  Xang isn't a dumb guy."

The van hits a pothole, jostling the passengers inside as it continues on the road.

Rog narrows his eyes at the twiggy lad sharing a vehicle with him.
"Well you seem to be intimately familiar with how these gangs work and how this guy thinks, now don't you? You better not be setting us up for another fall."

Rog narrows his eyes at the twiggy lad sharing a vehicle with him.
"Well you seem to be intimately familiar with how these gangs work and how this guy thinks, now don't you? You better not be setting us up for another fall."
Norum stops, originally staring back at the man wide-eyed, before simply returning relaxed and staring blankly at the ceiling, folding his arms behind his head. "I've been around for a while. I just thought to tag along to give you guys some more manpower. Shame it ended the way it did, though..." he says, voice straining as he begins stretching with one fist up in the air, the other arm folded behind it. "I've been through stuff like this before. We're getting off pretty easy if you ask me."

"Where were you from again?" he returns, looking back at the large man again.

"Wouldn't you like to know, ya' scrawny pipe-rat."

"Wouldn't you like to know, ya' scrawny pipe-rat."
Norum's brows furrow. "No use in getting angry. The Doctor is the guy who forgeted us all over. Save your poison."

"Save it for the doctor? You mean the guy whose patsy you're saying we should work for? That doctor? Or did I miss something here?"

"Oh, I thought you would know." Norum's eyes widen and he leans forward. "I saw Xang outside talking on his phone and then go inside for a moment where you, Elena and Zhang were."

"Either way I'll fill you in a bit. Elena and I have been on this forget-o's trail for over a year, and we know he's reserved enough not to leave ties, mostly hires protection from a client only once, almost never more, and that his infamy and rumors follow him too far behind to pursue directly."

"By the way Xang was acting on the phone, I'd say he looked pretty pissed. Seems that it's not quite at us."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:58:28 PM by SWAT One »

"By the way Xang was acting on the phone, I'd say he looked pretty pissed. Seems that it's not quite at us."
"Again- how do you know that?"

"Again- how do you know that?"

As you state your question the van comes to a stop. A few moments later, the back door is opened, and Jackson appears.

"We're here," he states.

Outside is a poorly lit street of storefronts, from your vantage point.

Ryde looks around, the equipment for disguising on his face. He looks to Jackson and says, "So, what are we going to use?"

Jae pops in the obscuring contacts, before adjusting his voice to an unrecognizable one.

Ryde looks around, the equipment for disguising on his face. He looks to Jackson and says, "So, what are we going to use?"

Jackson puts a balaclava on.

"Bats, crowbars, bolt cutters. We also have a hand torch. The bag is right here,"

The other thug tosses a duffle bag behind the van.

"The big focuses tonight are three stores, who have been agitating the block against us. There's Coker's Grocery, Agave Grande, which is a liquor store, and Sell-High Pawn. The other stores on this block are secondary but you're free to forget 'em up if you have time. If the big three fold then the block will be secure for us. Sell-High has a lot of valuables but it will have tracking on its expensive items. The other two do not have item security,"

As the van comes to a stop, Norum replies, "Well you tell me. We're not filled with lead and we're being set scot free after a little community disservice."  Norum stops and looks as Marcus enters and the others begin talking and preparing.  He remains in his seat and inserts the contacts.
forget I hate these things... he thinks to himself, blinking to try to break them in. He then stuffs the white cotton into the corners of his mouth and pulls the balaclava over his head, although it fits slightly more loosely on his head than the others. Snug enough.

Norum steps out of the van.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:23:55 AM by SWAT One »