Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 236892 times)

this needs a discord server so we get notified when an idea is posted, until notifications for the blf get implemented
unless you mean @mentions, hit

Who uses email for notifications anymore?
What I want is something that notifies me on my phone when someone quotes me. Maybe some script I can stick in a server somewhere.

Where in the world did this idea come from lol. If that's what y'all want...
amongst some people moai has become a running joke since i made this https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=304644.0
the joke is that nobody ever used it because it was so out of place and useless except people who are exceptionally wacky

Why not just have the perfectly sensible Blockland avatar editor but with more parts to choose from and the ability to change the way those parts look, but only up to a certain point? Think a blocky version of the Dark Souls avatar editor.
You could set limits to how many vertices you can have on each part and how many parts a player can actually upload to the server (to reduce server-side memory usage and latency)

I suppose the editor would look like a watered-down Blender.  Massive customization without the threat of abuse.  Everyone's happy.

Who uses email for notifications anymore?
What I want is something that notifies me on my phone when someone quotes me. Maybe some script I can stick in a server somewhere.
you can set up email notifications on your phone, can't you?

you can set up email notifications on your phone, can't you?
i don't want my email to be spammed, nor do i want my phone to have a notification every 2 minutes from someone who's spamming/a bunch of useless reply comments.

ftfy

ot:

the first, 6th, 7th and last avatar concepts look really good and the terrain is impressive. what sort of distribution model are you going for?

the first, 6th, 7th and last avatar concepts look really good and the terrain is impressive. what sort of distribution model are you going for?
I'm debating about either using Steam Greenlight or going with a publisher, who will post it to Steam and other sites for me. I'd rather not go with a publisher, but I'm not sure how difficult the Greenlight process will be. If the game really takes off, I'd love to pursue X-Box or PlayStation as well later on, but not sure how realistic that would be.

Btw, I'll try to post a new update very soon, hopefully in a few days. I'm just waiting for a new feature to be finished beforehand.

I'm debating about either using Steam Greenlight or going with a publisher, who will post it to Steam and other sites for me. I'd rather not go with a publisher, but I'm not sure how difficult the Greenlight process will be. If the game really takes off, I'd love to pursue X-Box or PlayStation as well later on, but not sure how realistic that would be.
Granted it's not really a method of distribution, but have you considered eventually launching kickstarter? I'd happily put $100+ towards development if you're sure it's going to eventuate.

Kickstarter is probably not a good idea considering how much flak kickstarter games have gotten lately. I'm not saying GSF's is guarenteed to fail, but alot of other "developers" have done stunts which give games who go on kickstarter a bad name.

Steam Greenlight
Greenlight died, that's not an option anymore.

Greenlight died, that's not an option anymore.
right, the new process is just a bit more red tape, but you circumvent all the voting shenanigans
https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect

do you think you can add a gamemode that keeps the original BL stuffty vehicle physics

right, the new process is just a bit more red tape, but you circumvent all the voting shenanigans
https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect
direct seems much easier than greenlight to me