Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232200 times)

the game should be called brick barbarians
name it something cool like GSF-Ghosts's Sandbox

if anything will be the main draw to your game, it's solid combat mechanics

set that up right and properly advertise it, and players will sail in by the dozens

set that up right and properly advertise it, and players will sail in by the dozens
the wise sage bushido said blockland is the ultimate deathmatch game

adding on to that blockland really is nearly perfect for creating your own competitive games. i don't think i've seen another game let any player make insane arena deathmatches, team-based vehicle combat, slow paced attack / defend team deathmatches, etc, with little to no experience with making mods. there are so many unique tools and player types that anybody can come up with a crazy ass idea for a deathmatch and then create it

if this game can emulate blockland's variability in competitive servers then i think it'd sell well. i doubt anything would ever be able to perfectly capture how unique blockland is but i really do hope this project will end up being a real game and i hope it'll end up capturing the absurd creative outlet that blockland created

tldr i have no experience in coding so pls make blockland 2 thanks

I think how this game should serve as a jack of all trades.
You want to build a shooter ? Do it.
Wanna make merp a thing ? Do it.

i like the one without the mouth. it's different, but not an insane change
it has that hello-kitty vibe. It's good.

a lot of my designs have a japanese influence, which is why they look so different from the other suggestions which have been based off western proportioning and aesthetics

I figured out how to animate parts of the avatar model separately, while other animations are playing, so that's a big step forward! Going to try adding more animations today, improve the jump animation, and possibly add some items / tools that players can carry (as well as the ability to pick them up and mount them to the player's hand).

looks like you got a rival ;)
I don't mind some competition ;) Actually, there may be something else in the works too which I can't talk about, but may help with.

Should it be similar to Blockland's combat system, or is there a way to improve upon it?

Is the game gonna have gravity?

Goddamn does this video make me feel old... not to forget the other Djy blockland videos.

@gsf: just have raycast and projectile support, as well as variable size projectiles, and assuming modding will stay a thing, it'll take care of itself most likely. though definitely having a few basic default guns that arent just a pistol would be good. id stay away from equipping the default guns with reserve ammo and reloading (or at the very least ammo), though it would be nice to have support for it.

probably boils down to the question "how does unity handles weapons" and how dynamic the class is

name it something cool like GSF-Ghosts's Sandbox

Ghost's Mod
we could call it gmod for short

id stay away from equipping the default guns with reserve ammo and reloading (or at the very least ammo), though it would be nice to have support for it.

this

blockland is an arena shooter at heart, which is part of what makes its combat so special

Agreed
Actually, I think that's perfect! It's exactly what I'm going for, and has that toy-aesthetic.

Do y'all think there should be multiple types of avatars to choose from (i.e. various toys like Pompmaker's design, army men, etc.), or just one that the game center's around?
Multiple! Multiple avatars! (Multiply styled avatar pieces?)

now it's got that authentic blockland feel again
Honestly, my issue with this stems from how broad this so-called default "ribcage" is.

I would really prefer something more neutral. If we were guaranteed to get multiple chestpiece options, I wouldn't have as much of an issue.

Also, it looks like something that should have very limited articulation, and that bothers me. It doesn't look capable of rolling out its arms, or joints in any way. And for something so lanky, that's just going to look creepy to me.

idea on pomp design: let the player modify the size of parts of the body so they can make either a small or tall character

I guess I'll dump my old Blockland rip-off assets here.

I also agree that this is something that shouldn't be ignored.

The problem about Squideey's design is that it's close enough for LEGO to sue, well Badspot had to change the Blockhead on the Beta days because of that.

I disagree. If that were the case, companies like Kre-o or K'nex would have been sued a long time ago.

the wise sage bushido said blockland is the ultimate deathmatch game

Honestly, I could not agree with that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:25:52 PM by The Titanium »

What does GSF stand for, again?

so i made an improved version, click image to dl it

arms are now connected via ball joints, same with legs
the neck is now skin colored
the lower arms and lower legs are thinner
aand the feet are actually connected to the legs