Author Topic: [HISTORIC] Boy Scouts to admit girls into their ranks  (Read 9990 times)

Have you never heard of the concept of vocal minority/silent majority?
Those who oppose a change are typically far more vocal than those who support or have no opinion
he's heard of it, he just chooses to ignore it because it invalidates his political stances

you keep saying that while everyone online* says that they're pulling their kids out
*facebook moms and YouTube comments

Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug

I mean did you all just ignore the part where I said that my friends who were boy scouts and don't post online would probably be against this?

I mean did you all just ignore the part where I said that my friends who were boy scouts and don't post online would probably be against this?

Did you ignore the part where I said I was in the Boy Scouts and agreed to this? You can't pick and chose.

How come this means something about why it's bad, but people who were actually previously boyscouts posting here that they think it's a good thing warrants dismissal?

Gotta say man, you're kind of dumb.

did u ignore the part where i said i am an eagle scout and i'm perfectly fine with this?
what good reason would they rly have to not want girls in honestly
also "probably"

Did you ignore the part where I said I was in the Boy Scouts and agreed to this? You can't pick and chose.

You can't, either. You keep saying that you're a boy scout in a way that makes it seem like you're trying to use your position to justify this motion, meanwhile I bring up my friends who are also boy scouts who would be against this and somehow I'M the one "picking and choosing".

For the record, you and my friends being boy scouts doesn't matter. Your affiliation with the boy scouts doesn't affect the validity of your argument, which is why I don't give a single stuff that all the leaders voted unanimously to allow girls in. It's still a stupid loving idea.

For the record, you and my friends being boy scouts doesn't matter. Your affiliation with the boy scouts doesn't affect the validity of your argument, which is why I don't give a single stuff that all the leaders voted unanimously to allow girls in. It's still a stupid loving idea.
it matters cus they're involved in it omg

It's still a stupid loving idea.

Good thing your opinion doesn't matter to anyone.

This claim is nothing but speculation, as made evident by the word "probably"
And speculation is subject to bias on the speculator's part

it matters cus they're involved in it omg

Okay, so it matters, then. Explain why my friends being against this is "picking and choosing" while you being for this isn't.

This claim is nothing but speculation, as made evident by the word "probably"
And speculation is subject to bias on the speculator's part

I haven't talked to them yet, but they're conservative. I guarantee you they'd be against this.

You can't, either. You keep saying that you're a boy scout in a way that makes it seem like you're trying to use your position to justify this motion, meanwhile I bring up my friends who are also boy scouts who would be against this and somehow I'M the one "picking and choosing".

Don't back pedal if you were the one who brought it up first. If you really don't care about what representative members of the organization itself think, then you have no place to sling stuff, especially if you have no perspective on what people even do in it. It honestly has EVERYTHING to do with members current, past, and future, it's THEIR organization. If you're going to get pissy over something you literally have zero affiliation with, and claim that affiliation has nothing to do with it, yet try and use your friends as a platform to "probably" validate your own opinion, you really should just stop posting.

Don't back pedal if you were the one who brought it up first. If you really don't care about what representative members of the organization itself think, then you have no place to sling stuff, especially if you have no perspective on what people even do in it. It honestly has EVERYTHING to do with members current, past, and future, it's THEIR organization. If you're going to get pissy over something you literally have zero affiliation with, and claim that affiliation has nothing to do with it, yet try and use your friends as a platform to "probably" validate your own opinion, you really should just stop posting.

What the loving hell was all this "I'm in the boy scouts and I support this decision" bullstuff then? I didn't bring up my friends until after YOU had come out with that statement, and I only even brought it up because YOU made it seem like the boy scouts had better say in this then I do. Yet my example is just "picking and choosing". Get the forget out.

Okay, so it matters, then. Explain why my friends being against this is "picking and choosing" while you being for this isn't.

This isn't how it works. You can't bring up your friends' credibility and denounce other ex-scout's credibility in the same breath. You can argue your point however you want, but it doesn't mean stuff if nobody believes you, which seems to be the stark reality.

YOU made it seem like the boy scouts had better say in this then I do.

Well I mean, you're not associated or in affiliation with the boy scouts, so your two cents is worthless.

probably
doesn't rly mean as much when ur just assuming the opinions of others but even then
I haven't talked to them yet, but they're conservative. I guarantee you they'd be against this.
yea sorta seems like "picking and choosing" to me

btw how have 15~ pages of people saying how this is a good thing gone by and tac's opinion is still unchanged
kinda just seems like ur just stubborn at this point tbh
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:58:53 PM by gr8dayseth »