Poll

Update/Current Events Information

[In Use] Weather Summary in Title; NO Update or Current Events in Display
2 (40%)
Move Weather Summary to Supplemental OP; Update Prompts in Title
1 (20%)
Suggest in Discord channel.
1 (20%)
Voter is lame.  (Sorry, not sorry, Plethora)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: SURVIVE 4 — Land of Savages • [DAY 3 | Early Night | In the Squall]  (Read 29697 times)

Douzheng decides that the town isn't populated by vicious barbarians. He walks into the town.

Eetu's face brightens up somewhat, "Where was it?" he asks of Theric, inquisitively, "Might there be more ships?" He seems to ignore the statement about what Theric had lost.

"Maps... maps . . .  " Eetu begins to pace around and saunters over to his bookcases, and navigates to a rack of scroll, looking at the wooden end caps of the scrolls, using an index finger to mark where he is. He is muttering something to himself while browsing the modest library.

"South west of here, I think... Now that I've actually found this place, I honestly haven't really considered much about the crash." says Theric with a quiet thoughtful hum. Eetu's question elicits a certain amount of curiosity from Theric, however. "Well... I hadn't given that much thought, to be honest." Admits the foreigner, his gaze drifting over to the fireplace as his mind wanders. Are there others? More of his people, or worst yet, the Romano's that he got on board that ship just to get away from?

Theric's hands rest in his lap and then he grabs handfuls of the fabric of his pants. He takes a moment, before he sighs and calms down. Looking back over to Eetu, he adds, "Do you know about any other cities or villages on this land? A youngster down at the uh... Khaliyuna, I think it is? The Khaliyuna pens, he told me about some things but... To be honest, I don't know half the things he said."

The town is built in a sort of alcove in the high bayside escarpments. Douzheng waltzes into the town and earns some strange looks from the townspeople, mostly observing in silence, having never seen a man of manner of dress and complexion as he. On the same elevation as he is on, there is a large house, and a very large building in the center of town. There are also 7 other large houses like the one he had passed on the way in. Douzheng sees some concerned citizens speak to a couple guards, pointing at him. The guards look up at Douzheng and, although not taking an aggressive stance, begin walking toward him with spears in hand. They wear tunics, furs and leather armor.

Eetu returns to an erect position after bending over to read the scrolls, and responds to Theric. "We'll have to end out a party at dawn to recover what is left at the shipwreck."

"There are five peoples on this island. By name, they are the Akkeman—that's us—, the Khalimi to the North of us, past the eastern rise, the Nilkami at the Three Waters to the west, the Viriani on the Northern River, and the savages, the Bogudani on the Northern Wastes. As for a map, I do not have any here. Depending how the salvage goes tomorrow morn, I may look into checking into the council library."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:22:45 PM by SWAT One »

Douzheng knows better than to try making a big show. He raises his hands in a docile manner and assumes a calm, resigned facial expression. He waits for the guards to speak first.

Eetu returns to an erect position after bending over to read the scrolls, and responds to Theric. "We'll have to end out a party at dawn to recover what is left at the shipwreck."

"There are five peoples on this island. By name, they are the Akkeman—that's us—, the Khalimi to the North of us, past the eastern rise, the Nilkami at the Three Waters to the west, the Viriani on the Northern River, and the savages, the Bogudani on the Northern Wastes. As for a map, I do not have any here. Depending how the salvage goes tomorrow morn, I may look into checking into the council library."

Theric gives a slow nod as he listens to Eetu's explanations of the people here. "I did hear something about savages from the young guy, good to get that confirmed." he says with a hum. Tilting his head somewhat, Theric nods back to the elder, "I can wait. Will you have me help with the salvaging, or are you planning on organizing a party to go and check it without me?"

Following the question, Theric folds his hands in front of himself before he asks aloud, "Do you know of any places I could stay the night as well?"

The guards continue to approach Douzheng and stop in front of him. They neither seem threatened nor are trying to size up. They begin asking him questions in a language he doesn't understand.

"I won't be going, but my captain of the guard, Ikhannuk, will be leading the party. As for where you stay, it will have to be here. technically, our law for when foreigners violate our laws and customs requires the minimum punishment of placing them under house arrest until the house's head considers the matter resolved. As long as you don't cause more trouble or try to run off, you're still an honored guest in my eyes. You settle the matter with Adina and salvage the wreck tomorrow, and we're square."

Eetu picks up a book and heads toward the door, waving for Theric to follow.

"As for me, I ned to do some work before I go."

He opens the door. A young male servant is standing just outside.

Douzheng makes it clear with body language that he has no idea what they're saying. He then states "water" inquisitively, stating it three times- first in Romano-Hellenic, then in Sino-Tibetan, and, less fluently, in proto-Armenian.

The guards only look at Douzheng strangely and talk amongst themselves. One of them says something to a villager, who goes into the house near to him and offers him a piece of bread.

Not wanting to offend, Douzheng gesticulates his rejection of the bread modestly. He points at it, says "bread" in his languages, before repeating his earlier request. This time, he puts his hands together and pantomimes the act of drinking water from a lake.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:39:26 AM by Juncoph »

"I won't be going, but my captain of the guard, Ikhannuk, will be leading the party. As for where you stay, it will have to be here. technically, our law for when foreigners violate our laws and customs requires the minimum punishment of placing them under house arrest until the house's head considers the matter resolved. As long as you don't cause more trouble or try to run off, you're still an honored guest in my eyes. You settle the matter with Adina and salvage the wreck tomorrow, and we're square."

Eetu picks up a book and heads toward the door, waving for Theric to follow.

"As for me, I ned to do some work before I go."

He opens the door. A young male servant is standing just outside.

Rising from his seat as he's motioned, Theric bobs his head. "House arrest is fine for me, honestly. Waking up on a beach, all soaked made me appreciate the indoors a whole lot more."

"If I can help it, I will behave myself as best I can. But all things considered, part of me is worried if I did anything else bad while I was drink." With mention of the situation with the elders daughter, there's a pinching of the bridge of his nose. Theric nods, his hand coming over to rub the back of his neck. "I'll speak to her as soon as I get the chance. Do you have any suggestions on how I should approach her, or...?"

The entire situation is making Theric weary. This sort of drama always manages to get under his skin- but he's making an effort to not let it show on his face.

The villagers recognize Douzheng's gestures and bring him a bowl of water. It's not clear water but it's water.

Eetu chuckles at Theric's remark. "Hopefully you will not have to brave the tides without a boat ever again."

"You partook in the same merriment like everyone else in company, and in the village. But–" and he begins to look annoyed, "please don't remind me of your debauchery again." His face and tone relax. "Iada will show you to where Adina is waiting."

Aif, hearing movement within the tent stops, crosses his fingers, and calls out a greeting in his native proto-Celtic.

The shape in the tent near Aif does not move. Evidently, the greeting was not received or the shape didn't want to respond. After a moment, the shape reveals itself to be a woman's form.

Yana holds the knife behind her back.

"You partook in the same merriment like everyone else in company, and in the village. But–" and he begins to look annoyed, "please don't remind me of your debauchery again." His face and tone relax. "Iada will show you to where Adina is waiting."

"Right... I'll figure it out, then... Somehow." Theric sighs, his arms crossing along his chest as he looks over to Iada, giving the guy a nod. "Right, lead on then." he says to the man- following after him.

Along the way, and assuming Eetu isn't really in earshot, he asks the servant, "What's she like?"

Väinö replies with a "What?" in his own language, confused on what they are saying.