Poll

Update/Current Events Information

[In Use] Weather Summary in Title; NO Update or Current Events in Display
2 (40%)
Move Weather Summary to Supplemental OP; Update Prompts in Title
1 (20%)
Suggest in Discord channel.
1 (20%)
Voter is lame.  (Sorry, not sorry, Plethora)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: SURVIVE 4 — Land of Savages • [DAY 3 | Early Night | In the Squall]  (Read 30666 times)

On the night before, Yana seems to be relieved at Aif's reassurance that she had met no one else who spoke the same language. The hut itself consists of several wooden beams and logs that were set up leaning against one another at the top, in sort of a conical fashion, however, the base of it is not circular, but elliptical, with an opening at one of the far ends. At the other end is the campfire spot, dug slightly into the ground and surrounded by stones. The side by the entrance has pine needles spread over the floor and is covered in sailcloth. A roll of used sailing rope is to one of the long sides at Yana's feet. There is a wooden handle coming from under Yana's left thigh, resting on the sailcloth.

·   ·   ·

Yana, shaking, assures Aif, "No, no. ... It's okay. I just–" She lefts out a heavy sigh, squinting and letting her left hand seep down over her face. Her right hand is loosely holding onto the handle which was under her thigh the night before, the other end of it no revealed to be a chef's knife. "I just though you were someone else. I'm sorry."

Dalka greets Douzheng with what could only be perceived as "Good morning." He then makes an eating motion, pointing in towards the center of the house, "Breakfast. Come."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:05:34 AM by SWAT One »

"Well, since we're not being attacked right now, let's get something to eat and drink.  I know where there are potatoes and berries, but I haven't found a good stream for water -just dew."  Aif raises himself, this time more slowly, as he speaks.

"Do you mean the patch that way?" Yana points ENE, remotely the direction that Aif came from. "A word of advice, though—They will green pretty quickly if left out in the sun." Also, there is a river down that way from which I caught a fish and had some water to drink." She points in the opposite direction, to the west.

Douzheng follows Dalka into the inner house.

Dalka leads Douzheng through a hall and into a dining room. There are various servants eating at the table. Zaluk is nowhere to be found. The dining room is adjacent to the kitchen, which has its door open to let in some air. Dalka offers you a seat to the right side of the nearest end of the table.

Theric finds himself in his conquest of Kaubern with all its treasures and luxuries, and its hardships. Finally, he approaches the mighty doors of Konsanitum, as the locals of that region called it. After many months, he is outside with his brothers in blood and arms holding a stone pillar, charging over the area outside to breach the gate. A rain of arrows are falling around him from atop the great wall. The column rams into the great door with a resounding crash, followed by three odd repercussions as the column bounces. They draw back and charge again, this time with the same result, only the repercussions seem to be coming from all around him. "Theric? Theric, are you awake?" Theric comes to realize that he was not at the gates of Konsanitum but rather the cellar of some town elder in a foreign land some unknown distance from the land he once was. Iada calls once again, requesting that you come for breakfast before he walks back down the hall.

Each pounding against the doors has a grunt rise from Theric. He's been anxious for this moment, with all of the months work he's put in having come to make this assault a reality. He's bled plenty to get here, the arrows are doing little to dissuade him. What's a little blood gone in comparison to the riches of an empire? The battering ram pounds into the great doors again, and both the gates and Theric and his fellow raiders recoil back. Another volley of arrows, a couple of men lost. It makes ram feel a little bit heavier- but it means all the more glory and riches for him. Theric seems as stubborn to take down the doors as they are to stay up, and the only thing that catches his attention is the sound of a voice- like a whisper in his ear amidst the chaotic sounds of battle.

Hearing his name once... Twice... Theric looks over his shoulder to peer back at a looming shadowy figure before suddenly--

Awakening with a slight snort, Theric's eyes snap open and he grunts, looking around before his gazes falls onto Iada. Raising his hand over to rub his face, Theric nods as he sits up and tidies himself up lazily before following along. "What's for breakfast?"

Dalka leads Douzheng through a hall and into a dining room. There are various servants eating at the table. Zaluk is nowhere to be found. The dining room is adjacent to the kitchen, which has its door open to let in some air. Dalka offers you a seat to the right side of the nearest end of the table.

Douzheng takes a seat in his assigned spot. He glances around at others sitting at the table.

"Millet mash with mokachi and taralki berries, and fried cured venison."

Iada brings Theric to a dining hall where Eetu and his two sons and two of his daughters are seated—Adina is not at the table. Eetu looks up from his meal and welcomes him to sit next to a large, bearded soldier wearing mixed leather and metal plate armor. The soldier turns his head and nods to you, keeping eye contact.

Douzheng sits. At the end of the table is an elderly man, and to his right sits Dalka. Across from him are two servant boys exchanging glances with Douzheng talking with one another loudly. The servant girl who stoked the fire last night sits to their left. At the other end of the table is a middle-aged man who is nodding off amidst all the conversations going on.

"Millet mash with mokachi and taralki berries, and fried cured venison."

Iada brings Theric to a dining hall where Eetu and his two sons and two of his daughters are seated—Adina is not at the table. Eetu looks up from his meal and welcomes him to sit next to a large, bearded soldier wearing mixed leather and metal plate armor. The soldier turns his head and nods to you, keeping eye contact.

Theric seats himself where it's offered, looking to the soldier and returning the nod. He eyes him for a moment or two, then his eyes go up to meet his before he looks away with a bit of disinterest. Theric gathers his own food and drink, and looks up to offer a tired, "Good morning."

"I trust the day's starting fine enough for everyone?" And then he's eating, happy to get warm food and good drink in him.

"Yes, so far." Eetu responds between bites of food, "Ikhannuk, this is Theric. He is the one I told you about for the expedition."

On the mention of the word expedition, Theric notices one of Eetu's older sons across the table is also wearing armor.

Ikhannuk turns his head and looks back down at you. He already appears half a head taller when sitting.

A middle-aged woman walks over from the kitchen and places a bowl with two thick, heavy bread rolls and some raw mokachi berries in front of Douzheng, then walks over to the nearly sleeping man and smacks the back of her hand to his shoulder. He seems to wake up from his slumber, sighing before shaking his head and blinking and going back to nodding off.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:01:42 PM by SWAT One »

Douzheng thanks the woman as she puts down the food. As he begins to eat, he notes the etiquette (or lack thereof) of others at the table, and attempts to mimic everything that seems proper. Where he doesn't know what to do, he defaults to Roman manners.

"Yes, so far." Eetu responds between bites of food, "Ikhannuk, this is Theric. He is the one I told you about for the expedition."

On the mention of the word expedition, Theric notices one of Eetu's older sons across the table is also wearing armor.

Ikhannuk turns his head and looks back down at you. He already appears half a head taller when sitting.

Theric slowly chews, listening to Eetu and letting his gaze go up to meet with the taller man with a slow blink. "Looks like he'll be useful." he says, following a swallow of his food.

"Good food, by the way." When Theric is looking back- he spots Eetu's armored son, "Is this one going too?" he asks before shoveling some more food in. Having Ikhannuk look down at him is a little awkward- but Theric's trying to not let it show as he just side glances back up at him.

"How many are going, for that matter?"

Douzheng seems to get by without any incident, though the two boys, as far as Douzheng can see, have begun to mock him, The girl sitting next to the one on the right seems to be getting annoyed and is increasingly trying to get (presumably) her lover to stop.

Ikhannuk huffs at Theric's remark and goes back to eating.

Eetu speaks up, "Yes, Vanadi is going as well. I think there will be. . ." Eetu's gaze drifts to Ikhannuk. "Twenty, sir." Ikhannuk responds in a deep, bellowing voice before returning to take another bite.

The brothers, tired of waiting, grab Väinö and quite easily begin carrying him to the center of town.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:59:55 PM by SWAT One »

Aif indicates that he'll head for the stream, and begins to head off, but stops; "If you'd prefer it, I can just leave.  Never know how much to trust strangers and all.  But it might be better to have two when your," Aif pauses with slight awkwardness, "friend shows up."

Seeing Aif walk away, Yana nervously cuts in, "No, please... he's— definitely not a friend!" Her tone changes suddenly at the mention of 'friend'. "I'm just hoping that I put enough distance from where we crashed and here, but I've been here just as long as you have. I don't know what's out there, but..." she trails off. "I'll just work on the hut." Yana seems to run out of words and begins silently working on the log teepee.