Author Topic: What is Roblox?  (Read 20010 times)

weegee hates roblox. that is all.

......you don't have rights on any website, even ones you own. freedom of speech don't apply at a private business or rented servers foo.
I wasn't relating it to any website, I was relating it to the concept as a whole.

Freedom of speech, at your discretion.

The nice thing is, here in the BL forums, we follow a little thing called the first amendment. Hence, discussions, however controversial, can continue without censorship.

If its not worth getting all pumped up about, then at least you can get a good laugh out of watching people "fight".
This is what ultimately turned me off Roblox, being as old as I am I simply can't play something so controlled, so sterile, so not normal.

A good pursuit of knowledge needs to view any and every possibility, otherwise that pursuit is incomplete. That's why freedom of speech is pretty important, but hey Roblox is a game meant specifically for kids so an amount of control on the content is an expected collateral effect.
Well, before the COPPA Thing, We could say whatever we wanted, and not get banned.

The nice thing is, here in the BL forums, we follow a little thing called the first amendment. Hence, discussions, however controversial, can continue without censorship.

If its not worth getting all pumped up about, then at least you can get a good laugh out of watching people "fight".
This is what ultimately turned me off Roblox, being as old as I am I simply can't play something so controlled, so sterile, so not normal.

A good pursuit of knowledge needs to view any and every possibility, otherwise that pursuit is incomplete. That's why freedom of speech is pretty important, but hey Roblox is a game meant specifically for kids so an amount of control on the content is an expected collateral effect.
Well, before the COPPA Thing, We could say whatever we wanted, and not get banned.
Damn COPPA, the law/act is very general about a small population of under 13, most would join anyway, some would listen to those that said you had to be 13, but fake the ones needing parent email, very few kids actually listen, that damn law/act needs to be either abolished or refined to make sure kids DON'T join sites that they should not be in.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 04:35:07 PM by XD! »

Damn COPPA.
Plus, there would have been no kids, seeing as you can only join it if you were over 13, Because it's against the law to let kids on stuff that isnt under the COPPA compliance

Damn COPPA.
Plus, there would have been no kids, seeing as you can only join it if you were over 13, Because it's against the law to let kids on stuff that isnt under the COPPA compliance
re-quote me, I updated my post.

Damn COPPA.
re-quote me, I updated my post.
Can't modify posts :/

Well, that sucks.
edit: It also knocked me off of my ranting mood.

does rawrman know that most of the posts complementing roblox are sarcastic?

Its a bit like the Lego forums where every post/thread is reviewed by a mod before hand.

The only topics allowed are "Whats your favorite brick?" and "I <3 Bionicles".

As for the first amendment not applying to the interwebz...hmm. I suppose you could consider websites as property and hence owners can set their own rules. Doesn't mean we should stick around and take it like a girl.

COPPA is a joke.  I've soon once a field for COPPA that said something like "Parent or Gardian's e-mail address for allowance to site (or just a different e-mail)"  It was a major corperation too.  (and no, I'm older then 13)

does rawrman know that most of the posts complementing roblox are sarcastic?

Yes

Its a bit like the Lego forums where every post/thread is reviewed by a mod before hand.

The only topics allowed are "Whats your favorite brick?" and "I <3 Bionicles".

As for the first amendment not applying to the interwebz...hmm. I suppose you could consider websites as property and hence owners can set their own rules. Doesn't mean we should stick around and take it like a girl.

Um, No, We can post stuff without it getting reviewed, I post freely, And I have never heard of people having to post anything without a mod approving it.

Post logically, then there shouldn't be a problem.