Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5859257 times)

so, like, are there any fun, up-to-date servers running that you guys play on?

cappy has a server but only play on it if you're okay with sketchy administration (no clue if they cheat or not)

so, like, are there any fun, up-to-date servers running that you guys play on?
only if you like being way in over your head with mods

boo

I think I'm just gonna host a vanilla server for the blf

how bad could it be

cappy has a server but only play on it if you're okay with sketchy administration (no clue if they cheat or not)

lol I don't cheat

lol I don't cheat

good that makes two on the administration team

how many are on the team

is it even a team or is it just two people?

dear diary

would the forums appreciate a good ol' fashioned factions server

dear diary

would the forums appreciate a good ol' fashioned factions server

no because blocklanders don't have morals

no because blocklanders don't have morals

I mean would you guys like to play a factions server

one with no rules (beyond no cheating)

I mean would you guys like to play a factions server

one with no rules (beyond no cheating)

how much would be on it besides factions

how much would be on it besides factions

Stuff like extra worlds to have a cool fancy spawn room, I don't really know beyond that.

I don't like keeping things vanilla because it's been done before and it's boring

Stuff like extra worlds to have a cool fancy spawn room, I don't really know beyond that.

I don't like keeping things vanilla because it's been done before and it's boring

i like vanilla

i can't get enough of it :^)

There hasn't been enough talk about the new snapshots

Important features:
-You can now dual-wield by placing an item in the offhand slot of your inventory.
-The End has been greatly expanded, now including End Cities and Chorus Plants, accessible after defeating the Ender Dragon.
-The Ender Dragon's fight has been overhauled; she now spits acid, breathes Dragon's Breath while defending her egg, and can temporarily reflect arrows. She can also be respawned by drawing a vertical creeper face with clay while in The End.
-There are now more Status Effects.
-You can now tip Arrows with various potion effects.
-Beetroots have been added from Pocket Edition.
-You can brew dragon's breath into splash potions to create Lingering Potions, which act as area of affect clouds that apply potion effects.
-Shulkers generate with the End Cities, acting as turrets to attack intruding players.
-Defensive Shields have been added, taking over blocking from swords. They can have banner patterns copied onto them.

Full changelog.

dragon breath -> lingering potions seems a bit expensive
being able to shoot poison arrows could be pretty cool though, except it won't work on zombies and skeletons, so mostly useless

the new purpur blocks look pretty nice though

tfw you won't be able to dual wield swords...

dragon breath -> lingering potions seems a bit expensive
being able to shoot poison arrows could be pretty cool though, except it won't work on zombies and skeletons, so mostly useless
they will work on players in pvp, and arrows of regen will still work on undead mobs
what i don't understand are the arrows with miscellaneous potions, i.e. potions of leaping or night vision