Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it

Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5716348 times)

Did anyone play this before villager trading

I didn't really pay attention to what was being added during updates in the beginning so I can't say for sure when I first played, but my earliest screenshot was taken on August 11th, 2010 in Alpha 1.0.15

Bonus screenshot, which is inexplicably titled "Lava Cave.png," showing the absolute worst method of mining for diamonds I have ever seen in my life

Check out those sick graphics and the awful custom windows I had on my first PC

stuff man you're gonna give me a loving nostalgia attack over that cobblestone texture

I personally liked the darker lined cobble more, made things feel a lot more man-made which was neat imo.

I think I first started playing in the 1st 1.3 or 1.4

i started playing like literally right after 1.0 full version

oldie but a goodie here: started playing back in the days of indev/infdev.

I joined in beta 1.8.1, like a month after it came out

I don't really play it anymore tho so rip

I started around beta 1.3 I think?

maaan those were good times for me then. there was such a sense of mystery and wonder about the game. I recall being deathly afraid to explore my first cave because I had no idea what I'd encounter. I remember thinking the community was cool and joining an anti griefing clan and subsequently griefing our home server and never getting caught.

I actually got to be like the co-leader or something before telling everyone that it was boring and to forget off.

then I started my own clan which wound up taking a bunch of members from that other clan lol. had a good run for a year then faded into obscurity because things got boring and the magic was gone

i joined beta 1.5_01
i remember never going outside at night, and making a series of paths and trenches so i could still do stuff when it was dark

I started playing when Minecraft was on browser only, but was only able to get my mom to buy it for me eons ago. Still in alpha, just don't know what version.

god damn i remember early minecraft, i think i was playing before biomes and hunger became a thing?
used to be a part of this community server where we hosted events, there was no plot protection stuff, only chest protect.
suprisingly, we never got griefed because everyone was chill and worked together as a community.
keep in mind, this wasn't a closed doors community, it was open to everyone who had the ip.

i've never been able to find a server like that since it shut down and i have tried to recreate it, only for it to be shat on by the community today.

god damn i remember early minecraft, i think i was playing before biomes and hunger became a thing?
used to be a part of this community server where we hosted events, there was no plot protection stuff, only chest protect.
suprisingly, we never got griefed because everyone was chill and worked together as a community.
keep in mind, this wasn't a closed doors community, it was open to everyone who had the ip.

i've never been able to find a server like that since it shut down and i have tried to recreate it, only for it to be shat on by the community today.
I've tried hosting for the forums multiple times and it always ends in a stuffshow.

The problem, I think, is that the MC community is too large and overall is young. Immaturity and a larger pool of potential assclowns means that you'll have to constantly be vigilant about any and all bullstuff that can go on.

To have anything remotely close to that, you need a whitelisted, carefully vetted server.

the days before "epic minecraft troll griefing" videos got popular

I remember I actually bought minecraft around beta 1.7 (the last of the "good" versions of minecraft imo) but I watched youtube videos of it from like wayyy back in early alpha.

I remember I first discovered the existence of the game from this little section of this one book I got for like world records specificly for games, it mentioned this game in a small little box and had a single image of it showing nothing but this little cobblestone and glass house built into the side of a wall of stone or something, it seemed really interesting to me so I looked into it a bit later on and came across a youtube series for it called "x's adventures in minecraft" and I watched that entire series and loved the game, despite being a bit terrified of it since I was like 10 years old.

The last episode of it I saw was one where the nether was first released, and they built a nether portal near the bottom of this quarry they made with this glass sun roof over top of it. The nether was god damn terrifying to me because back then, ghasts could be hurt by flying into those lavafalls, so they made their pain sounds constantly, and he was in a cave inside the nether so he couldnt see anything going on, so all you could hear was just these terrifying screams coming from somewhere (I'm pretty sure I assumed it was the netherrack screaming at you whenever you tried mining some of it or something.)  after a while they dug up and enough to break into the actual nether, except the only thing they saw was just through a single block opening in the floor, all I could make out was some white jellyfish thing floating off in the distance and then he was suddenly killed by a pigman while trying to get out of that hole.

I was a bit spooked from that I think so I didnt really pay attention to minecraft for a while afterwards until I suddenly picked up interest in it a while later, watched some more older youtuber series on it, and eventually bought it for myself when two of my best friends told me they got it.

then beta 1.8 happened and the game got a bit more disappointing since then.

sorry for the long post btw I just really needed to get all this nostalgia out of my system since its relevant.

i joined beta 1.5_01
i remember never going outside at night, and making a series of paths and trenches so i could still do stuff when it was dark
on console I always carry a bed with me. when it gets night I plop a bed down and spam the use button until it lets me sleep.

WHERE MY SURVIVAL TEST INDEV brotherS AT