Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 334143 times)

When an add-on isnt uploaded to rtb server you download it manually by the person's Pc you connect to?Or to the servers that the servers hosts to?

What is the difference between those two things?

Also could i ask a question?When an add-on isnt uploaded to rtb server you download it manually by the person's Pc you connect to?Or to the servers that the servers hosts to?

Edit:Page 100 for sparta!!!
If the add-on was downloaded by the host from RTB - you will download it straight from RTB instead of from the server.

Also could i ask a question?When an add-on isnt uploaded to rtb server you download it manually by the person's Pc you connect to?Or to the servers that the servers hosts to?
If it's not on RTB, you'll download it normally from the server, and not as a .zip.

Question on the content downloader:

If I have downloaded a mod from RTB, and tweaked it for my own use... then I join a server with that same mod (minus the tweak) - what happens?
will RTB download an update and clobber my tweak? or leave it alone? or will it complain?

Also - ive had no problems connecting to other servers since 3.4 came out.  however the day before that, I was working in offline mode (due to ISP issues) and every 30 sec to 1min, the game would freeze for 2-3sec and then continue.. almost like it was still trying (and failing) to connect to the servers.  Ive used offline mode before and never had that problem.

If I have downloaded a mod from RTB, and tweaked it for my own use... then I join a server with that same mod (minus the tweak) - what happens?
will RTB download an update and clobber my tweak? or leave it alone? or will it complain?

If the versions differ, it will overwrite it. It isn't meant to overwrite full add-ons with content however, which is what v3.5 will correct.

This is strange. Whenever I download/update an addon through RTB it immediately disappears from my addon list and when I redownload them from the website they show up on the enable list but they do not show up ingame.

Where's your Blockland installed to? Any console errors?

Where's your Blockland installed to? Any console errors?
I'm on a mac, and it's in my application folder. I don't get any errors on the console, except from some crap-ons I have in my addons folder, but they aren't enabled.

I'm downloading maps I already have and they're overwriting themselves so now when I use a new map I have to re-download it after

I hope the overwrite/deleting .cs files is fixed soon unlike the major particle error which is still not fixed.

I'm downloading maps I already have and they're overwriting themselves so now when I use a new map I have to re-download it after

I'm not following. Can you explain more carefully? Downloading maps from where?

I hope the overwrite/deleting .cs files is fixed soon unlike the major particle error which is still not fixed.

I don't know why you're referring to that. The particle issue is none of my concern.

Now VCE doesn't even show up for me. Even after I redownloaded.

Now VCE doesn't even show up for me. Even after I redownloaded.

That sounds more like a mac craziness issue and less like something RTB's doing. RTB can't prevent add-ons showing up for you.

That sounds more like a mac craziness issue and less like something RTB's doing. RTB can't prevent add-ons showing up for you.
At one point, the weapons sections of my add-ons were cut off. Has this been fixed?

At one point, the weapons sections of my add-ons were cut off. Has this been fixed?

It hasn't been reported, I've heard nothing about it since you asked whether it was fixed. I'm going to need more details than that I'm afraid.