Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 328237 times)

Yeah add-on picking for dedicateds would be nice.

Reminds me: I'd like the option to choice "Not Dedicated" in the server list filters... I'm too sleepy to think right now, so sorry if it was already added...

If you click the "Ded" heading it'll sort them into "dedicated" and "Not dedicated". Then ignore all the ones with "Yes".

Dont know if this has to do with rtb but when I start a server with rtb enabled.

Dont know if this has to do with rtb but when I start a server with rtb enabled.

The current RTB chat spams errors somewhat frequently, it will most likely be fixed when the messenger is updated.

Yeah add-on picking for dedicateds would be nice.
You can already
You were able to forever

I have a little glitch when my brother has his server up no one can join mine :(
This glitch started as soon as i signed up for rtb.

Thanks for your support
DoctorPwn
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:33:46 PM by DoctorPwn »

Tom

Run your servers off different ports. When you start the game, go to advanced options and change the port to something like 28031. (Only do this for one of the servers)

Run your servers off different ports. When you start the game, go to advanced options and change the port to something like 28031. (Only do this for one of the servers)
Thank you i love you (in a non-gay way :D)

Development Update Time.

I'm currently finishing up RTB v3.5 - this would have been done sooner but I was away for 2 weeks. It contains a fix for non-rtb users joining rtb servers using the matchmaker, as well as some fixes for the content downloading introduced in v3.4. There are also some smaller display-related issues for the Mod Manager, as well as some fixes for the Groups which are apparently quite unreliable.

It's worth noting that content downloading is currently disabled for everyone due to the issues being experienced and I will be re-enabling it for everyone with the release of v3.5 regardless of whether they disabled it in their preferences. It has so many benefits that it's not worth people forgetting to turn it back on after the few teething issues experienced with it.

On another note, RTB4 development is gradually continuing - I'm focusing on the new website mainly at the moment and it almost has enough of the basic features to be launched as our new homepage at http://www.returntoblockland.com/ and gradually all functionality from the forums will be moved over to this website.

That means that the non-rtb users will download with the same system that rtb users download right?
Also the new site will be less laggy and it will have a new layout?Also what will be better in the new site?

The new website is a way to allow in-game components of RTB to better interface with online aspects. Having everything centralised around the phpBB forums was causing a lot of issues so re-writing the website entirely allows me to design it specifically for what I need it to do.

The new website is a way to allow in-game components of RTB to better interface with online aspects. Having everything centralised around the phpBB forums was causing a lot of issues so re-writing the website entirely allows me to design it specifically for what I need it to do.
Could i suggest a new layout style?Crystal style soft it makes people feel cozy

Development Update Time.

I'm currently finishing up RTB v3.5 - this would have been done sooner but I was away for 2 weeks. It contains a fix for non-rtb users joining rtb servers using the matchmaker, as well as some fixes for the content downloading introduced in v3.4. There are also some smaller display-related issues for the Mod Manager, as well as some fixes for the Groups which are apparently quite unreliable.

It's worth noting that content downloading is currently disabled for everyone due to the issues being experienced and I will be re-enabling it for everyone with the release of v3.5 regardless of whether they disabled it in their preferences. It has so many benefits that it's not worth people forgetting to turn it back on after the few teething issues experienced with it.

On another note, RTB4 development is gradually continuing - I'm focusing on the new website mainly at the moment and it almost has enough of the basic features to be launched as our new homepage at http://www.returntoblockland.com/ and gradually all functionality from the forums will be moved over to this website.

What exactly is this content downloading you're talking about?