Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 334053 times)

• Incorrectly zipped files (mac users)
A common one seems to be people selecting the entire folder for "Send to Zip File" (on Windows) instead of its contents, so you end up with what Blockland reads as a nested Add-On inside another folder.

Will it do anything about function names matching others on RtB when it isn't in a package? Or functions that overwrite default blockland or RtB functions?

Will it do anything about function names matching others on RtB when it isn't in a package? Or functions that overwrite default blockland or RtB functions?
Thats a hard one to check -- because it could be intentional.

Thats a hard one to check -- because it could be intentional.

Including mods to JVS. And when they package over functions.

Conflicts would be easy to check, check for package/parent, and just display it.  If someone forgets up a default function it's probably obvious.  Generally nobody who can script something that needs to modify functions is stupid enough to forget it up.

Generally nobody who can script something that needs to modify functions is stupid enough to forget it up.

That is a dangerous generalisation.

I've not included function checking. It's less important than the rest of the functionality and would take considerably more time so I'm going to look at it again at some point in the far future.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:46:21 AM by Ephialtes »

So, releasing it anytime soon?

The RTB v4 release date is in 2011.

There is lots to be done and due to a few promotions at work I have less time to spend on it.

2011? What do we do until then? Golf?

The RTB v4 release date is in 2011.

There is lots to be done and due to a few promotions at work I have less time to spend on it.

You don't know how badly I want to kill you right now, but if I did, RTB will never get done.

:cookieMonster:

Is it possible to implement Blockland skins? So like we can change the GUI's and stuff?

Yes, but it's not something I'm interested in adding to RTB.

I've finished adding private messaging to the new website, as well as the "remember me" functionality. There are a few more interface things and backend things to be done. I'm thinking I'll close the forum registration page and people will be forced to register through the website (which will then create a forum account for them) and eventually I'll be able to close those forums for good and replace them with some simple lightweight solution.

Shoeshiner!

Would you add a few checks in for maps too? Off the top of my head te biggest issue is people not defining a shore texture so they get white water around shorelines but I can probably think of a few others.