Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 271474 times)

you can get out of your craft now?

yeah, that was .16 i believe

also, first flight of .17, i almost got to duna. i was in an orbit similar to duna's but didn't time it right so missed it. i probably had the fuel to fix it and get there but eh.

My attempt at making an all-purpose rocket w/rover.

Needs work.
But I got it off of the launch pad :D

Landed my first rover on the Mun for version .17

Zomg that speed.

Nice view of Duna before I smacked into it and killed the kerbals inside.

Amazing landing on Eve, approached at 65m/s and it sandwiched my lander just enough to disperse the force to allow my pod to survive the crash landing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:54:26 AM by J MASTER »

I would like to play this so bad.

Update is still running at about 1% every 5 minutes. This is going to take a long time xD

So I got Jeb stuck in space and I'm sending a rescue flight for him.

Fairly accurate landing, I want to see someone else do better, I tried to get within 50 meters. But I guess 250 works too.

I can rendezvous with orbiting crafts.
And the patcher isn't downloading. I'll be lucky if I can download the full game by the end of the day.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:08:12 PM by steve5451 »

Ran out of fuel?
I don't really remember haha.
I think I was using RCS to thrust, and there just wasn't enough power to slow it down.
I also made the mistake of thinking I wouldn't be able to make it back to Kerbin, so I didn't add a parachute...
Completely forgot about the thick atmosphere on Eve, but then again, I was planning on going to Duna.

Getting the hang of trajectories for planet hopping. But it's basically all just falling into the sun's orbit, then orbital rendezvous skills.

Space Planes are fun.

The view from IVA looks great when you spin it around, and landing in IVA is really fun.

And I made a very maneuverable scout plane.

It can drop "pods" that can act as targets for you to shoot for if you want to say you've been to a certain place, or need to explore a certain area with a ground vehicle.

Fairly accurate landing, I want to see someone else do better, I tried to get within 50 meters. But I guess 250 works too.
This is an older picture, but I ended up flying 2 or 3 more of those larger landers right next to each other and made a sort of Mun base.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:15:47 PM by J MASTER »

SUDDENLY
KSP SERVERS ARE PERFECT, DOWNLOAD WHILE YOU CAN
/caps

Managed to sort of get to Eve.
Only problem is I was going at close to 20,000m/s with no fuel to do anything about it. Next time less speed :D

DAMNIT

forget
This patcher is stuff. I spent half an hour downloading a stuffty update at 150kb/s and it failed.
Now it's downloading at 100kb/s

The patcher is a piece of stuff and never works. Always download directly from your store account.