CityRPG

Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 80279 times)

1 - the 2nd best criminal
2 - 5th Deadliest Civilian
YEAHHH BUDDEH

Probably something like $5-$10.

I'll keep track of all donations based on BL_ID. After it goes over a certain amount I'll give benefits.
$5 is probably more accessible to most people but that's up to you I guess.

And certain benefits like what..?

$5 is probably more accessible to most people but that's up to you I guess.

And certain benefits like what..?
Reserved slot, donator status icon, and probably a few other extremely limited perks. It'll all be superficial.

This reminds me of how much fun CityRPG was.
I am in tears.
I WANT CITYRPG D:
Wait stuff, the website closed. :(

There's work to be done. I've learned a lot by working professionally on websites. Have to totally redo how I did this stuff, it's a mess.

There's work to be done. I've learned a lot by working professionally on websites. Have to totally redo how I did this stuff, it's a mess.
Cool. :)

I've wanted to add in Arson ever since my house burned down. It just seems like a cool idea.

The only problem is, I do not like the idea of destroying builds. I just don't. CityRPG already needs to encourage building and better builds far, far more than it does right now.
The whole point of Blockland is that you can build things.

Adding a feature to burn people's houses down accomplishes absolutely nothing. Diggy did this exact thing and all people would do is light buildings on fire for schadenfreude value. Unless you can think of any reason why someone would want to burn down a building that fits within the, "City" theme, it's a pretty bad idea.

Though I guess it is pretty similar to the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire...

Not saying this directly to Iban or blaming him in anyway.

Brian Smith is being a gigantic kiss-up, just sayin'

Not saying this directly to Iban or blaming him in anyway.

Brian Smith is being a gigantic kiss-up, just sayin'
Brian's been like, the #1 fan of this mod for years.

How about when a building is burned bricks turn black instead of disappearing. Any lot with burnned bricks are "unsafe". Factory lots cannot refine, shops cannot sell, etc. until the fire is out and the burned bricks are repaired.

How about when a building is burned bricks turn black instead of disappearing. Any lot with burnned bricks are "unsafe". Factory lots cannot refine, shops cannot sell, etc. until the fire is out and the burned bricks are repaired.
I was thinking along those lines too. Destroying builds seems like a huge problem. but making them useless would be good for businesses to employ criminals to take out their rivals.

Brian's been like, the #1 fan of this mod for years.
Andi always will be

I was thinking along those lines too. Destroying builds seems like a huge problem. but making them useless would be good for businesses to employ criminals to take out their rivals.
Exactly. Two shops are going neck and neck competing for customers, and one of them hires a criminal to burn the other's shop so that they can't sell anything for a while.
Or use the arson as a distraction to go steal crates of plastic, cars, etc.

I could just refashion that burglary idea to criminal mischief that lets people with go awol with a hammer. Destroying other people's bricks (criminally) would give the brick a health bar, so you can't just go blitz with the damn thing, you'd have to target specific bricks.

As before, only very small bricks not somehow affixed to bigger structures.

Your ideas for Arson are good, but how about things just catch on fire, and colliding with the bricks that are on fire burn you? That way you can't greif builds and burn them down, your home or store being burned would be dangerous to enter when the fire spreads.

EDIT: For example, someone sets your shop on fire. It's not going to burn down and destroy bricks. Say the floor catches fire, it burns, and you cannot touch it without being injured. The fire will spread and soon you cannot even open the door without setting fire to yourself. You will lose customers because your shop will become a death trap until the fire is put out.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:47:35 PM by Awdax »