Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 140829 times)

Luckily I am getting my comp fixed over the weekend, so I might be able to DL these!

OH MY GGGOOOOOODDDDDDDD...

The biggest thing i dislike is that the add-on is named GSF_blahblah and not just Brick_blahblah or anything else general and that it adds a new bricksection called GSF.
Why not Terrain or something?

Seriously, i think that looks just a bit how do you call it...
Not selfish but close to it..

Pretty amazing:D Nice job on these, Ghost.

It'll probably be better come V.21
Unless the shaders completely override the necessity of normals, and GSF is okay with leaving them broken in hopes that the shaders do so, they need to be fixed.

Egotastical?  :cookieMonster:

I actually agree.  I don't like when mods (especially ones like this) are branded by the user's name.  It feels like its just for attention, like they didn't actually make the mod for the good of the community because it was useful, but because they knew they'd be famous for it.

The biggest thing i dislike is that the add-on is named GSF_blahblah and not just Brick_blahblah or anything else general and that it adds a new bricksection called GSF.
Why not Terrain or something?

Seriously, i think that looks just a bit how do you call it...
It feels like its just for attention,
I got the idea because of JVS content, it was not for egotistical reasons. Plus, I might be releasing more bricks, not just terrain, so everything would be grouped under the GSF tab.

Also, to make it clear, I didn't mean to point out the textures as much as the lighting. The sun does not seem to behave normally when it hits these surfaces.
Oh ok, yeah I used Blender to calculate the normals for me. I checked them before and didn't find problems, but I'll check again.

I got the idea because of JVS content, it was not for egotistical reasons. Plus, I might be releasing more bricks, not just terrain, so everything would be grouped under the GSF tab.
Well JVS using the seperate name is well, indeed a questionable thing.
But i expected better of you Ghost.
If you want to give this mod a bit more of a default feeling, i would highly suggest fixing the tab name and add-on name.

And other bricks would serve another purpose thus probably fitting under any other tab.
I don't want to search a tab for a brick because the author decided to put all his bricks under his own tab.

I know, this might sound like i am annoying you with something small and i won't nag anymore about it, but i just want to make my opinion clear against such things.

Add wedge bricks to go on the the Joint B corners.

I really don't like it how you can't build on the ramped slopes

I really don't like it how you can't build on the ramped slopes
Hmmmmmm

Would it be at all possible to have these bricks act like terrain, letting you build other bricks partially inside them?

Any possibility of being able to build slightly inside the brick like the old terrain did? Perhaps on the slope bits? A pref, too, maybe, as some may not like it always?

EDIT: holy stuff i just said the exact same thing as eksi what the stuff
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:57:08 PM by The Titanium »

Hmmmmmm

Would it be at all possible to have these bricks act like terrain, letting you build other bricks partially inside them?
Any possibility of being able to build slightly inside the brick like the old terrain did? Perhaps on the slope bits? A pref, too, maybe, as some may not like it always?

EDIT: holy stuff i just said the exact same thing as eksi what the stuff

I'm pretty sure you can't. They're just the same as ramp bricks or arches.

In that case just pull a water bricks and have them ignore normal brick collision. Zone Bricks pulled it off, so it SHOULD be possible.