GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)

Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 141463 times)

Will the terrain generator eventually be formatted for the modular terrain?
Or is it possible that it could be done in the future?

That's okay, many people hate me lol.

how could anyone hate you when you're so loving AGREEABLE

I love modter bricks, they look so good and they work very well with vehicles. They are fun to use. Good job Ghost.

Will the terrain generator eventually be formatted for the modular terrain?
Or is it possible that it could be done in the future?
Yes, I've already figured out how to implement Modular Terrain. For now, it will probably only work with full-scaled terrain, unless I can figure out how to make it work with other height-scales.

I love modter bricks, they look so good and they work very well with vehicles. They are fun to use. Good job Ghost.
Thank you :)

Detail brick placement has been added! Now Tree bricks, plants, etc. can be generated pseudo-randomly on the terrain, specific to a certain biome. You will be able to choose any bricks you want to be generated, the biome they will be generated in, the frequency and the colors of the bricks. The script automatically sets the correct Z-Axis position of the bricks before planting them. There is still a glitch I need to fix where surrounding bricks don't plant. Otherwise, I just need to finish ModTer generation, infinite variation and the GUI, then I'm done.

Detail brick placement has been added! Now Tree bricks, plants, etc. can be generated pseudo-randomly on the terrain, specific to a certain biome. You will be able to choose any bricks you want to be generated, the biome they will be generated in, the frequency and the colors of the bricks. The script automatically sets the correct Z-Axis position of the bricks before planting them. There is still a glitch I need to fix where surrounding bricks don't plant. Otherwise, I just need to finish ModTer generation, infinite variation and the GUI, then I'm done.
I like see the picture soon...

Niiiice.
Keep up the good work.

I like see the picture soon...
Pics are coming soon; I need to fix an issue with the biomes first.

Niiiice.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks

Wait, Did you fix Decor?
Not yet, but I will fix and release the Decor pack around the time I release the terrain generator, as well as an official 4x ModTer pack. The trees in the pics in the OP resemble the new style I'm aiming for.

Terrain is now infinite! Even though this generator is finite, you will be able to generate terrain anywhere and get completely different terrain that doesn't repeat; I still need to beta test it though to make sure, but so far it works. It does mirror on the X and Y axis, but I might be able to fix that later on.

Hey [GSF]Ghost, why did you not make a generator with your terrain bricks?
I probably missed the answer on that somewhere.

I mean, terrain generator with normal bricks is cool too, but if you do it with your terrain bricks, it would be cool too. :)

Hey lordician,
There will definitely be an option for using ModTer with the generator. I posted some pics of it working a few pages back.

it looks like you made a grid with random points

thats not up to par GSF
If you have any means of IM, please contact me about it because they're are much better ways that you could be doing that.

thats not up to par GSF
If you have any means of IM, please contact me about it because they're are much better ways that you could be doing that.
it looks like you made a grid with random points
Kinda; it manipulates a player's coordinates and utilizes a seed system to create pseudo-random height values. That picture doesn't do it justice though.

Biomes have been fixed. Here is a pic showing detail brick generation with two biomes enabled, detail frequency set to 25% and automatic z-axis adjustment (beach and underwater  environments are treated as additional "biomes" and can have specific bricks generated in them):