Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 143782 times)

I'm not sure how GUI access works when server-sided. Does anyone know to allow clients to access the GUI on the server? I will of course set it up so that only SuperAdmins can use it. But, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to access a server-sided GUI once they have the host's trust, or if they become Admin/SuperAdmin, or if they can access it at all. Also, would a client need to have the add-on downloaded in order to access it? It would be great if anyone can help.
Gui's aren't "Server Sided". They're client-sided, and must be downloaded in order to be used. However, you could make a server command that checks if the person is admin, then sends the client the command to open the gui. And, implement a way that the terrain generation can't be edited by somebody who isn't admin (see greek2me / Slayer)

Most of the issues have been fixed; my server is up now! Everyone is welcome to join and help test. Also, floating islands may seem take while to generate because it skips bricks that are below the Z-Section value.
I was there
T'was fun

I was there
T'was fun
Yes is was; I'll be hosting another beta soon.

Gui's aren't "Server Sided". They're client-sided, and must be downloaded in order to be used. However, you could make a server command that checks if the person is admin, then sends the client the command to open the gui. And, implement a way that the terrain generation can't be edited by somebody who isn't admin (see greek2me / Slayer)
Alright, thanks a lot. So I would use commandToServer to execute a function that checks if the client is admin, superadmin, etc., and then commandToClient to open the GUI for the client?

A preview option was added! This will make it a lot easier to experiment with various settings without having to generate terrain each time.

A preview option was added! This will make it a lot easier to experiment with various settings without having to generate terrain each time.
Getting better and better.

I loaded a build of mine just now that uses terrain bricks, but when I loaded almost all the 3/4 bricks were gone and now everything is floating. What's wrong and how do I fix it?
EDIT: I just noticed that the bricks are under "Modter" and "Baseplates" but I don't have the original bricks that used the modter tab.
EDIT2: Every time I start BL RTB asks me to update the the bricks even after I already updated them.
Someting is going on here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:46:52 PM by Cool Blockhead »

Alright, thanks a lot. So I would use commandToServer to execute a function that checks if the client is admin, superadmin, etc., and then commandToClient to open the GUI for the client?
Yes

GSF, great work :D

I loaded a build of mine just now that uses terrain bricks, but when I loaded almost all the 3/4 bricks were gone and now everything is floating. What's wrong and how do I fix it?
EDIT: I just noticed that the bricks are under "Modter" and "Baseplates" but I don't have the original bricks that used the modter tab.
EDIT2: Every time I start BL RTB asks me to update the the bricks even after I already updated them.
Someting is going on here.
I PMed Badspot about the constant updating issue, sorry about that. Also, the older ModTer versions used different UI names that the current versions. If you can identify the old UI names and use the Replace tool in Notepad to change them to the current ones, it should work. If necessary, send me the .bls file and I"ll try to fix it.

Yes
I think it would be a lot easier to just make the add-on client-sided. I could then just use restrictions (i.e. you can only access the GUI on someone else's server if you are SuperAdmin and if they have the Add-On enabled themselves) to prevent abuse.

I PMed Badspot about the constant updating issue, sorry about that. Also, the older ModTer versions used different UI names that the current versions. If you can identify the old UI names and use the Replace tool in Notepad to change them to the current ones, it should work. If necessary, send me the .bls file and I"ll try to fix it.
I think it would be a lot easier to just make the add-on client-sided. I could then just use restrictions (i.e. you can only access the GUI on someone else's server if you are SuperAdmin and if they have the Add-On enabled themselves) to prevent abuse.
A crafty client will probably to figure out how to OPEN the GUI without SA on the server, so make sure you require SA or above on the server-side stuff too.

getting better and better Ghost

Thanks; I only need to finish the help manuals and fix one more issue and it'll be ready for release. I'll also be sending out the next wave of betas very soon, hopefully by tonight, to make sure there are no more issues.

The generator is now host-only; I was going to make it so that Super Admins can still use it, but I couldn't get the brick generation to work. I can update it later on to support this, but for now restrictions have been built in to prevent anyone but the server host from opening the GUI or from executing server commands.

That is quite the amount of stuff on that GUI.

Yeah, most of those settings are not necessary, they just give you more control over the terrain generation. However, I'll be sure to provide help-manuals that show what everything does.

Whaaaaaa this is amazing. I need this.

The option to add additional bricks to biomes is one of the coolest features ever.

Thanks, won't be much longer now!