Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 18863 times)

I think Blockland would get a lot more popular if the game supported Machinima better. I bought TF2 almost entirely because of how funny all the Gmod spoofs were.

more players= more bullstuff

yes, but what are our "enemies"?

NVM, but think of what WOULD happen if we get more players?
Steam's community doesn't exactly suck.  I'd love to have more steam users.

For those who want a badge thing for non-steam players, we already (somewhat) have one.
A low(er) BL_ID.

For those who disagree with it, you can't do much because you already have a lower BL_ID from before the steam members rose up from hell.

It may be discriminatory, but you do realize people with the lowest "ID Badge" would still be considered top stuff for no reason. Hell, that even happens a lot in the game today, without Steam even being part of it.

If it goes Steam, I'll buy 10 IDs so I can sell them for $100 each or two sets of earbuds

For those who want a badge thing for non-steam players, we already (somewhat) have one.
A low(er) BL_ID.

For those who disagree with it, you can't do much because you already have a lower BL_ID from before the steam members rose up from hell.

It may be discriminatory, but you do realize people with the lowest "ID Badge" would still be considered top stuff for no reason. Hell, that even happens a lot in the game today, without Steam even being part of it.
In can happen on Steam too because you can look up people's steam ID which are assigned in sequential order.

Obvious answer is to convert all IDs into a random string of a few numbers and letters.

In can happen on Steam too because you can look up people's steam ID which are assigned in sequential order.

Obvious answer is to convert all IDs into a random string of a few numbers and letters.
How is that an obvious answer? It would break at least a few mods that run on integer IDs, and is a solution to a problem which does not exist. Nobody gets their panties in a bunch over the number next to their name.

Is this happenes and it does win:
All the Servers would flood.
Updates less often(More People finding More Glitches and servers overloading)
More hackers
Alot of newbies who dont co-operate.
Alot of People about 30000 and Minus would leave due to the mass of noobs.
No more BL_IDs                                  ^
Lack of Good Servers ( Stated Up here) |

THIS SHALL AND WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
Some games shouldnt ever.

It's pretty pathetic how the naysayers are scraping together excuses from some fantasy world they live in where they are a shining beacon of intelligence and anyone who commits the unspeakable act of joining the game after them has brain damage.

Though, I wouldn't mind steam advertising blockland. Like in mods on Steam like this one
"Visit the website"
I'd prefer that if blockland had to be on steam.
this.

How is that an obvious answer? It would break at least a few mods that run on integer IDs, and is a solution to a problem which does not exist. Nobody gets their panties in a bunch over the number next to their name.
No, the obvious answer is to have a function in the game that when fed a developer password given to mod authors sends the randomly generated ID back to the server then it's matched against an ID list which is then returned to the mod.

Actually, the obvious answer is that you're right. IDs are already not a problem and the only people worrying about them are idiots. Furthermore, IDs are already hidden enough by sticking the option to view them away on the options menu, and a bunch of new players probably wouldn't even care about ID numbers just like nobody has made a big deal about Steam IDs since the early days of Counter Strike.

He really should put it on Steam for a couple of reasons. For one thing, he would be getting a lot more interest in the game, and surely more purchases. The more revenue he would gain would also in turn, allow for bigger, better updates, since the demand would be higher.

The only problem would be he'd have to take even more time with the updates, and possibly "polish" the game a bit more to make it feel better for the Steam customers, which would have to be better quality, and such.

Great idea. But a larger community does sound a bit intimidating.

I love this idea.  The steam overlay already works if you launch Blockland through Steam.  RTB would be kind of useless then since 1.) You can just chat over Steam, 2.)  All your friends would be on Steam, and 3.) All mods can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop if Valve OKs that.

RTB would be kind of useless then
Not even. I have Steam running all the time and I still manage to use the forget out of RTB.

and there's no way workshop will be used for add-on hosting lmao

I have Steam running all the time and I still manage to use the forget out of RTB.

Since not all your friends use Steam I'm assuming?

If Blockland where offered on Steam you could just use the friend list and chat system there since everyone would now have a Steam ID.

Since not all your friends use Steam I'm assuming?

If Blockland where offered on Steam you could just use the friend list and chat system there since everyone would now have a Steam ID.
I don't want every random schmuck in Blockland to have my steam. I like my friend's list below 20 people.

If I need to communicate to a specific member of the game, I can do so through RTB Connect. If I need someone on my contact list so I can talk to them at any time, I use Steam or MSN.