Author Topic: States are petitioning to leave the union. About 4 already met their goal.  (Read 11154 times)

Oh... I feel stupid now.

Well, should I lock this?

Oh... I feel stupid now.

I should post this before you do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secession_in_the_United_States

Look. Look at all the failed attempts and laugh.

Yes we can
It's against the law, and we have the right to enforce it.
somewhere in the constitution or something, it's said in one way or another, that if the people do not like their government, they have the right to make a new one. the way I see it, that includes secession

at least I think so. I know that someone said that, but it might've just been some philosopher or something

Yes we can
It's against the law, and we have the right to enforce it.
And that "enforcement" is what caused the Civil War.
If the states want to leave because the legislature and the executive branch can't do their job, fine, let them.

By enforcing this "law" you are basically declaring un-provoked war on a new country that didn't even spit in your direction.

Also, yes it is legal.
It is woven into our constitution and has been a philosophy of government since the late 1700's and the early 1800's: If the government does not fit the needs of the people, the people have every right to overthrow it.

that includes secession
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:46:52 PM by TheChaosCarrier »

Oh... I feel stupid now.

Just retitle the OP

somewhere in the constitution or something, it's said in one way or another, that if the people do not like their government, they have the right to make a new one. the way I see it, that includes secession

at least I think so. I know that someone said that, but it might've just been some philosopher or something
it says that people have the right to revolution and reform; not to leave

Wow people are turning this petition thing into a joke
it's always been a joke. it was a good idea but when a petition does get a response it's basically a cookie cutter response saying "this is how it is and this is why and lol we ain't changing stuff"

states are petitioning to succeed from america

I hope you kids who associate yourselves with the Democrats know that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and thatthere was a group called the Southern Democrats. This is pretty much why I don't like political parties because both sides change to appeal to a certain group, but in the end they are all the same old gas bags with offshore back accounts. I seen idiots on both sides who have the same mentality of "if you don't think like me or share mybeliefs you are idiot and therefore you are my enemy and I will crush you".

states are petitioning to succeed from america

State citizens*

Where in the law does it say you can't leave?

And if I am mislead than... oops.

you can leave the union
the union will celebrate by shoving the army down the rogue states' throats

fixed

IT"S CITIZENS OF A STATE NOT THE STATE GOVERNMENT HOLY CRAP COME ON

you can leave the union
the union will celebrate by shoving the army down the rogue states' throats
Reminds me how any religion forces people to believe what they believe and if anyway leaves then said religion uses all means to force a person back in.